Kyalami Track

Furbz

Anyone know if the new circuit will ever be open to cyclists?

i always enjoyed riding the circuit

Hi Guys,

I had a long chat with the GM at a recent Porsche customer day and he basically said "Don't get your hopes up"

He was kind enough to explain why and it goes to the fact that the entire circuit, all the property, is at the disposal of the renter for the day - and they are fully booked for the rest of the year too.

So looks unlikely I'm afraid.

Hi Guys,

I had a long chat with the GM at a recent Porsche customer day and he basically said "Don't get your hopes up"

He was kind enough to explain why and it goes to the fact that the entire circuit, all the property, is at the disposal of the renter for the day - and they are fully booked for the rest of the year too.

That is not good news at all! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Hi Guys,

So what Porsche do you have?

Hi Guys,

I've never been invited to a Porsche customer day. 

I've been to a Toyota day, but I guess it's just not the same?

Everyone wants a go on the new track.  Give it a while and eventually they might open it up when the cash flow calms down a bit.

Your could rent the track for a day at a cost of R230 000....

Perhaps if you got a few mates together you could split it say 10 ways. Makes it worth while perhaps.

Perhaps if you got a few mates together you could split it say 10 1000 ways. Makes it worth while perhaps.

That's better :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

We have received an e-mail, stating that their business model does not support ad-hoc cycling, they will have some cycling events there, first one to be held the 1st of October.

It is a bummer, good training for afternoons, it is no more.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

NECRO-POST!!!

Anyway, now that I'm done with the witchcraft for the day to resurrect this thread. Has anyone recently attempted to cycle here?

I just moved my new apartment which is about a 5 min ride from Kyalami, meaning that this would be an ideal training spot.

Archived