• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. But I saw that that one was out. Or did it flare up again?

They were still bombing when I got home at 17:00 yesterday 

• 2 years later...

makes me wonder who here even remembers the 'angst' of tokai being offlimits?

hahahaha how quickly we all forget!

I saw a picture somewhere of Faerie Garden being cleared. Is that legit?

Everything is pretty rutted and rough at the moment.

It's the wrong time of year to try and do anything serious as it needs rain to bed, but some corners on the snakes could do with some simple love.

I would happily pull in for a build day if they were revived.

hahahaha how quickly we all forget!

I saw a picture somewhere of Faerie Garden being cleared. Is that legit?

Everything is pretty rutted and rough at the moment.

It's the wrong time of year to try and do anything serious as it needs rain to bed, but some corners on the snakes could do with some simple love.

I would happily pull in for a build day if they were revived.

AFAIK it was. 

The conditions at the moment don't lend themselves to building, unless the jojo tank is used. Dusty AF. And given the fact that there's no income stream for TokaiMTB at the moment (except for donations) the kitty needs to be considered. 

I'd also be up for a build day, if one came along. 

AFAIK it was. 

The conditions at the moment don't lend themselves to building, unless the jojo tank is used. Dusty AF. And given the fact that there's no income stream for TokaiMTB at the moment (except for donations) the kitty needs to be considered. 

I'd also be up for a build day, if one came along. 

When I saw the picture I was immediately excited and confused... Clearing and building now just creates a sand pit, especially now that area is no longer covered.

I seriously miss Faerie garden and the old bluegums trail. They made climbing up from the car park fun!

Myles, you're a man in the know. Who do we contact to see if we can organise a build day?

Me three. A build day sounds mooi. I don't mind Tokai being rough around the edges. Its lekker. So I don't really care about reshaping berms or stuff like that. But some of those ruts are nasty. And dangerous. Filling up the worst of them shouldn't be too much of a task for a full crew one saturday morning.

I haven't forgotten. That tar road from the braai area to the old parking site. I hate it. I really, really hate it. And every time I ride it I remind myself that its a small price to pay to have access again.

I haven't forgotten

When I see all the alien vegetation instead of fynbos, I get  :cursing: . Especially when the fynbos was the reason we weren't allowed to ride there.

(but that's picking on an old scar...)

When I saw the picture I was immediately excited and confused... Clearing and building now just creates a sand pit, especially now that area is no longer covered.

I seriously miss Faerie garden and the old bluegums trail. They made climbing up from the car park fun!

Myles, you're a man in the know. Who do we contact to see if we can organise a build day?

deon@tokaimtb.co.za

Mark@tokaimtb.co.za