• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of hints and innuendo....can someone just come out with it and let us know what is going on...is the proposed opening on 31st Dec now no longer happening?

we don't know, but going on past interactions with Parks (and with one person in particular) it may be.  

Trying to get confirmation on exactly WTF is going on. 

I can only imagine how many people went out and bought activity cards when they heard TK was opening again .... and now the wait..........

Almost went to renew my card today, no rush now... :whistling:

Lots of hints and innuendo....can someone just come out with it and let us know what is going on...is the proposed opening on 31st Dec now no longer happening?

Nothing is going on and that is just the issue.

I'm going to stick my head out and say - 31 Dec - Nah !!

Hope I'm proved wrong.

I'm only gonna renew in the new year, cos I'm off the bike for 4 weeks. But want to ride the new legal trails.

I really shouldn't be riding either, anterior deltoid tear. Just did the greenbelt trails last week and that was proper eina!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Been waiting on some info to shed more light on where we are right now, it should be in response to an email I sent about the legal indemnity we pitched to Parks; the one they cannot seem to sign.

Regarding official opening - What I know could be a problem that affects dates are the gum trees still standing in the Roots trail area. If these are still posing risk into the new year, then I'm sure any prolonged closure that might be necessitated would have been communicated by now. Hope so, considering how far down the line we all are.

The problem I foresee with a prolonged closure is that our indemnity offers weekend access only due to the cost of marshalling. I'll send an email in the morning for clarity because we would need a solution, fast.

So where are we at? Tokai can open within a few days of written notification but the value the document needs to be realised in Pretoria first .. ! We are not talking chump change indemnity either, Meurant really came through.

There were no hints and no innuendo in my post.

We cannot tell you right now simply because each and every time we speak to parks we get a different answer.

On 13th September this year I was told by the area manager that we needed to get ready for opening on 1 October...

Since then we have been given multiple dates, dates that seem to change daily.

There is no point the committee putting out a date only for the idiots at parks to fail to complete the most basic of tasks once again.

The trails are ready.

The signage is up.

Marshals had been obtained.

A security sponsor was on board.

Etc, etc.

We are bloody ready and have been for months.

All that has been required to get back in there since mid September is a single signature on a single document.

Sanparks however have a problem signing documents as it appears that the SOP for that is to allow it to wait for a couple of months on your desk, send it back to the person that needs the document telling them that you have signed it, but forget the silly little detail of actually signing the thing.

All the while ignoring any requests for clarity (as has happened yet again this week as we wait for a manager to reply to a simple question sent to him on Monday. Bitter experience tells us he won't bother to reply).

Then start the process again.

Not one of the people we have had to deal with there would survive working in the private sector because simply put their levels of service, management and customer relations are just not good enough.

And yes I'm pissed off after two years of having to deal with this incompetence.

Sanparks however have a problem signing documents as it appears that the SOP for that is to allow it to wait for a couple of months on your desk, send it back to the person that needs the document telling them that you have signed it, but forget the silly little detail of actually signing the thing.

All the while ignoring any requests for clarity (as has happened yet again this week as we wait for a manager to reply to a simple question sent to him on Monday. Bitter experience tells us he won't bother to reply).

Then start the process again.

Based on what you said there, i could swear the FICA bill landed on the same SANPARKs desk.

Hi Mark

A few years ago we had a near 2 year delay because a large hospital group could not get so far as to sign a critically important document. In the end we paid someone to fly to Jhb with the paperwork, made an appointment with the CEO, informed him what it was for and that he will simply refuse to leave the offices until he had it all in order. And hinted at a law suite claiming damages for our delay should it draw out any further. Took 5 minutes. Two year problem solved.

Hi Mark

A few years ago we had a near 2 year delay because a large hospital group could not get so far as to sign a critically important document. In the end we paid someone to fly to Jhb with the paperwork, made an appointment with the CEO, informed him what it was for and that he will simply refuse to leave the offices until he had it all in order. And hinted at a law suite claiming damages for our delay should it draw out any further. Took 5 minutes. Two year problem solved.

Yep, Sounds exactly like the gov. dept. we work with. We basically have to right off whatever business we do with them for a year to year and half before paperwork is even processed. Then we still have to wait to get paid as well. So, seems like this infection runs in Sanparks as well.

Based on what you said there, i could swear the FICA bill landed on the same SANPARKs desk.

If it had done FICA would still be waiting to be enacted...

I know it looks like I'm having a bit of a hissy fit (and yes to a degree I am) but after two years of dealing with these people I have simply had enough.

We know guys look at the committee and wonder what the hell we are doing (even personal friends) and it's really upsetting to have that when a combination of incompetence and (I have to be careful how I phrase this) what appears to be a lack of genuinely truthful answers collides with complete indifference that hits the level of arrogance leaves us unable to provide even the most basic answers to the public.

We have done our bit and we are ready but have become frustrated to the point that we have pulled in the MEC for tourism to try and get some traction.

Personally I have been accused of being racist by a SANParks staff member that has a huge chip on her shoulder, and anybody that knows me will know how much that hurt.

Possibly worse than all the above is the fact that I have been forced to meet with and negotiate with staff that are openly fans of Man Utd, that has been difficult to deal with. They could at least try and hide their shame rather than flaunt it

I know it looks like I'm having a bit of a hissy fit (and yes to a degree I am) but after two years of dealing with these people I have simply had enough.

We know guys look at the committee and wonder what the hell we are doing (even personal friends) and it's really upsetting to have that when a combination of incompetence and (I have to be careful how I phrase this) what appears to be a lack of genuinely truthful answers collides with complete indifference that hits the level of arrogance leaves us unable to provide even the most basic answers to the public.

We have done our bit and we are ready but have become frustrated to the point that we have pulled in the MEC for tourism to try and get some traction.

Personally I have been accused of being racist by a SANParks staff member that has a huge chip on her shoulder, and anybody that knows me will know how much that hurt.

Possibly worse than all the above is the fact that I have been forced to meet with and negotiate with staff that are openly fans of Man Utd, that has been difficult to deal with. They could at least try and hide their shame rather than flaunt it

Dude...we had exactly the same BS with an EMP for the bouldering (climbing community). Gave them a detailed EMP, kept following up, etc. Hear back close to 2 years later that's not the format they wanted, but the content is good. Another 6 months or more...still 4kkol happening, so I completely gave up on them...

So now I/we go climb and they do whatever they want to do to stop it.

They are (in general) a useless bunch of ......

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

breathe....

*crying*

wheeeze. 

Dude...we had exactly the same BS with an EMP for the bouldering (climbing community). Gave them a detailed EMP, kept following up, etc. Hear back close to 2 years later that's not the format they wanted, but the content is good. Another 6 months or more...still 4kkol happening, so I completely gave up on them...

So now I/we go climb and they do whatever they want to do to stop it.

They are (in general) a useless bunch of ......

try 5 years from start to finish. We finished today and now the next challenge starts. It is a never ending cycle(the bad kind)

Individually the people at Sanparks are good people, the system they are bound to is by their own admission severely restrictive which has a knock on effect as we see with your willingness to provide, for free I bet, an EMP that allows parks a management doc as well as an income source. I know exactly how you feel. Well done for sticking it out that long ????..

Edited by (Deon)