SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

anyone else not able to populate the section for claiming a travel allowance. It won't let me populate my vehicle details. Any ideas?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2019 return wasn’t showing, and I remember having an option to select 2019 from a drop down menu.

I’ll try find out from people at work that might experience a similar thing and post back here how to do it.

thanks

anyone else not able to populate the section for claiming a travel allowance. It won't let me populate my vehicle details. Any ideas?

because they (SARS) have seen your Endomondo commuter miles and have blocked this function for you :P

I feel your pain, got through to the call centre twice and was told "to give it some time" but the form is broken.

I have tried the app, even installed a different browser, same story.

Everything else is fine, just can't populate the travel claim section. Very frustrating......

Out of interest, my IRP5 income section (which is automatically filled in and cannot be altered at all) only gives a lump income (Code 3601), no sub section indicating travel allowance received.

This may be the problem, if its not indicated as a line item in income then we are being blocked from claiming against it, possibly????

eFiling seems to be sorted out. I have about 6 profiles and the system still hasn't merged me, but the individual profiles still work on their own.

Out of interest, my IRP5 income section (which is automatically filled in and cannot be altered at all) only gives a lump income (Code 3601), no sub section indicating travel allowance received.

This may be the problem, if its not indicated as a line item in income then we are being blocked from claiming against it, possibly????

Mine shows reimbursable travel allowance under code 3703. so who knows??  :blink:

On the calculation page, must there show deductions for medical aid and so on? THought medical aid contributions are subtracted from overall tax. 

thanks

Click on Returns Issued 

Personal Income Tax (ITR12)

Then, move to the far right of the screen - there's a dropdown

Select 2019

Then click on Request Return.

post-1372-0-43845600-1562076667_thumb.png

Have you ticked the car allowance option on the wizard?

You might need to refresh and then tick the option.

For my personal returns and my business returns I've had no issues at all and prefer the new system.

For my wife's business I can't even log in...username and password won't work. Talk about 2 different experiences.

Mine shows reimbursable travel allowance under code 3703. so who knows??  :blink:

On the calculation page, must there show deductions for medical aid and so on? THought medical aid contributions are subtracted from overall tax. 

I had them confirm, travel allowance needs to be in the IRP5 under code 3701. My employee will need to amend, I can then refresh the data and submit.

Apparently as per SARS helpdesk the issues experienced means that even completed returns probably would need to be redone once the system is working. I have been told to give it to the end of the week before trying again... Bad news all around then...

Edited by s14phoenix

Click on Returns Issued 

Personal Income Tax (ITR12)

Then, move to the far right of the screen - there's a dropdown

Select 2019

Then click on Request Return.

attachicon.gifSARS.PNG

Will try later today.

Thanks