That one annoying cyclist....

Mojoman

Loads of hot air. Facebook, thehub, 4x4 forums - avoiding eye contact seems to turn most people into ultra brave loose lipped twats.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See how one cyclists actions negatively affects the perception of ALL cyclists.

This is why each of us must try and do what can to keep our end of the bargain clean.

This reminds me of an exchange on Twitter recently where a particularly stupid motorist posted a phot o of a cyclist jumping a T junction red light where the T was on the right and the cyclist had a solid pavement on the left. Not legal but hardly the worst offence.

The caption under the photo was "What's wrong with this picture?"

To which a response came: Taking a photo while driving.

Poster: The light was red. I stop at red lights, don't you?

Response: Being behind the wheel and using a phone is illegal. Stopped or not. (This is actually correct in law)

At least the idiot poster had the sense to stop responding.

And that is the biggest problem with drivers vs cyclists. Only the rules that suit are adhered to.

To many angry people in the world, country, cities and roads. Angry and feeling helpless about what they perceived as the injustices impacting on them and not others not realising that that what they perceived others do to them they doing the same to others and so the cycle (no pun intended) keeps feeding itself. by realising not every cyclist / taxi driver / car driver is one and the same and we are all individuals and some do things the right way and some dont maybe it is time to stop feeding the cycle and bring around some positive change.

but then again the people reading this might not be part of the problem.. or maybe they dont even realise it

If everyone just stepped back and relaxed and thought about others and drove defensively...the world would be a better place...and then i woke up from la la land

If everyone just stepped back and relaxed and thought about others and drove defensively...the world would be a better place...and then i woke up from la la land

And everyone would get where they are going a damn side faster.

And everyone would get where they are going a damn side faster.

Ironically, it's always the dwis that's in a hurry that causes traffic jams by cutting in....

I think the problem is that we are all different and find pleasure in different things. 

Some people like to sit on a bike, feel the fresh air in their faces and experience the accomplishment of doing something active and enjoyable.

Others get pleasure in sitting on a keyboard and bitching about life.

it will be difficult for either party to see eye to eye. Understanding and respect (with a bit of grace  thrown in for those  little indiscriminate episodes) will go a long way to solving the problem for all of us.

Yoh, not nice to see that people want to mow you down with a ton of metal simply as a result of ignorance. Wonder if those wonderful people have ever lost anybody or had some one they care about murdered. Or for that matter driven faster than the speed limit, jumped a stop sign/robot, used their phones while driving...etc? We are none without fault.

who is he riding next to ....his invisible friends?

On the lighter side - the guys next to him are dressed in black.

who is he riding next to ....his invisible friends?

and who is taking photos while they driving a car ?

f#@kbook is really full of idiots and shouldn't be read by anyone anyway .. :whistling:

and it wasn't me either I only ride in the middle of the road in western cape -_-

On a serious note:

There should have been signs to warn road users there would be a cycle race on the day. Sadly, one doesn't see many on race routes - the minimum criteria to host a race is not being maintained.

Well, the original post has been locked off, luckily we have a new crusader ready to take over.

Edit: For some reason I can't upload the new whinge screenshot...

So its true then... one cyclist in Krugersdump rode in the road (most probably trying to avoid glass/used condoms/used needles...), and now all cyclists are idiots.

Then the same logic applies. One dumbass blonde/brunette/whatever driver runs her mouth showing her ingorance and arrogance. All Krugersdump people are dumbasses full of crap.....

It is evident with every rant that these drivers are those persons that are scared of any sort of exercise, scared that they will sweat, ie are fat and lazy. Only cyclists, and those that know what discipline and commitment is needed to exercise, have respect of, and for, others exercising.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Guest notmyname

Some call it Krugersdump....More daft comments, love Klemptner Alans one...classic....!

kdump2.jpg

Whats with kdorp hate Mojo?

Whats with kdorp hate Mojo?

No hate. Just glad I don't live there! Especially as a cyclist now!....Anyway, here is the image I tried to post earlier.

post-12678-0-37240300-1474215549_thumb.jpg

And next week they will be complaining about something else... some people are only happy in life if they can complain about it!

By tomorrow this will be yesterday's news!

Archived