Amateur 3D Printing

Schmorglebot

7 minutes ago, Kom said:

the Varia doesnt have a tether "hole", but im going to tether the mount itself which is a garmin oem part. i cant see the varia dislodging there, but the PLA might split near the bolts.

ill do a couple of rides and remove and check for fractures. ive got some PETG on order, been difficult to source black filament for some reason.

Best I get on it then, I don't have much black PETG left 🤔

Thanks for the heads up on that

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Kom said:

the Varia doesnt have a tether "hole", but im going to tether the mount itself which is a garmin oem part. i cant see the varia dislodging there, but the PLA might split near the bolts.

ill do a couple of rides and remove and check for fractures. ive got some PETG on order, been difficult to source black filament for some reason.

You can get a case with tether https://www.amazon.com/s?k=varia+Cases&rh=n%3A764466&ref=nb_sb_noss

16 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

If anybody brings in a couple of these, kindly add my name to the list 🙏

Hint hint @MORNE  😉

I am sorted on the roady ... but could really use this on the MTB.  

image.png.b30fe2e50d6b1073b3838dc188f0d6de.png

Looks like it will be around $23 landed - you might make sense of ordering just one 😝

6 minutes ago, Kom said:

image.png.b30fe2e50d6b1073b3838dc188f0d6de.png

Looks like it will be around $23 landed - you might make sense of ordering just one 😝

1 for the price of 3 ...😋

On 10/17/2023 at 3:31 AM, Wayne Potgieter said:

Man, the technology has improved so much since I last played with it in the days of a reprap printer.

Printed on a Bambu Lab P1S with AMS using Silk PLA Filament by my 13 year old son.

IMG_8454.jpg

Im currently using the Creality Ender 3 V2 Neo - my next printer is defs the Bamboo Labs A1 when its available locally - speed and quality is insane.

Can anybody perhaps print this clip to hold fullface helmet?

Seems like simple design...but I have no knowledge of this

It's 28CAD then plus shipping which is madness

IMG-20240104-WA0033.jpg

7 hours ago, ChrisF said:

If anybody brings in a couple of these, kindly add my name to the list 🙏

Hint hint @MORNE  😉

I am sorted on the roady ... but could really use this on the MTB.  

Why would i waste money and grey hair on stuff like this??😅

have s look here, not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the thingiverse is great if you know someone with a 3d printer or cant work CAD.  

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Garmin+varia+&page=2

On 1/4/2024 at 8:51 PM, Kom said:

Im currently using the Creality Ender 3 V2 Neo - my next printer is defs the Bamboo Labs A1 when its available locally - speed and quality is insane.

We have X1 at work, really impressed!

image.png.25436671463a04c0b4988459fb39b9bb.png

seen on da interwebs

I do a bit of 3D printing in my spare time. A colleague of mine asked if I could 3D print a recent ride he completed. Managed to convert the GPX file and the rest is history. Hope he likes it.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Vaultboy said:

I had this alternative to a rocker plate printed at the start of December, for R500. Works a treat. No delaminating so far, after about 10 hours on the trainer. 

Free STL file Wahoo Kicker Core - Rocker Plate - Foot - Tennis Ball 🦶・3D print object to download・Cults (cults3d.com)

WhatsAppImage2024-01-08at17_34.54_d69b7cc3.jpg.dc11d085e65ee01827eeb9fc76662992.jpgWhatsAppImage2024-01-21at21_27.03_991f20b6.jpg.fd1378af53eb7f3f8f37987003aa8c5e.jpg

I made something similar but for my 3D printer itself, and to use up tired old squash balls.

Stole the idea from @Kom for a saddle-mounted Varia mount that uses the actual Garmin mount for the connection (since that's often the weakest part of the 3D print).

image.png.581dfe668efca7f4aff5c6d874bed197.png

Screws into my Spez Phenom saddle using 4mm bolts, and the garmin component comes from a spare out-front mount. 

image.png.85d027be2222cd3442cf3c786dabe009.png

Purple because that's what PETG was on the roll :)

Feels solid, very happy with it.

image.png.0b1f6013125ecc146ecc592d84545bb5.png

On 1/9/2024 at 11:28 AM, Shebeen said:

image.png.25436671463a04c0b4988459fb39b9bb.png

seen on da interwebs

WOW!, that is super cool, how much would you ask for something like that, its a great gift idea.