Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive sold many things on thehubSA and then after BikeHub. Many sales being return customers.

Ive had it where someone came back the next day saying the item was defect. I gladly returned the product although i wasnt aware of it before sale had taken place. Kept on using it for quite some time myself. Then binned it.

If this guy came back 6months later. No ways. How do I even know its the original item I sold him.

I reckon the buyer must move on.

Gotta be honest here... I'm starting to smell something fishy. MY opinion... the wheels were not the wheels in the photo. Chances are the OP never even noticed that there was a difference in the wheels. In a hurry got a photo from the interwebs for whatever the stickers said and sold the wheels. Sounds like it was dark when the transaction was made so everything kinda slipped through the cracks. Yeah, the buyer did sit on his hands to start using the wheels (be that the truth or not)... but ja... I'd like to know where that picture came from and if THOSE were the wheels. I'm thinking not... I saw now that if you upload a photo to Tutti.ch it puts a watermark on. So why would a seller try sell wheels to people in Italy?

I think there is quite a bit of misunderstanding here, but if the picture wasn't real, that does take us back to misrepresentation.

The watermark does raise a brow. But still.

It's pretty ridiculous to come back 6 months later and demand a refund. 

Having said that just because he has the nerve to do that after so long doesn't mean that its not entirely possible that he was aggrieved in some way. Hell I'm questioning why he thinks he is justified enough to do that. 

Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do...

It was roughly just before Easter 6 months ago

Shops are getter ready to make shops red with the Christmas marketing drive

????

I am beginning to wonder whether King of the Downhill has offered entirely full and honest disclosure on this here hub forum.....

There I goes a-wandering. :whistling:

KOTD may have had good deals in the past.

This was rotten. And he knows exactly what happened here.

The money I can get over, the principle not.

But the wheels turns...............

the wheel does indeed turn.

But why would kotd come to the hub asking advice if he was trying to evade or disguise something ? Surely he would discreetly sort this out. There are far to many seen it all hub members .

i see this quite simply.

He had the wheels in original spec.

took photo.

replaced rim with lower spec whatever was available.

transferred stickers. poorly.

sold wheel with original photo

If I may change the direction of this. What are the chances that a friend or relative managed to make use of your wheels without your knowledge and then replaced them when they were done?

Maybe this would explain why you think the wheel is a lower spec wheel etc.

However even though you said you never used it for 6 months, unfortunately you cannot expect the seller to refund you after this long. Sorry but you should have acted sooner. I would have inspected those wheels extra when I got home and probably for another 2 or 3 days after the sale.

Have you made the relevant BikeHub trader rating for the Seller already, ADVR?

That's all you can do now.

Go home and look at the rim profiles then give us an update to kickstart things in the morning. We would hate for this thread to die a slow death just 6 months after it all began.

I think the buyer's conspiracy theory has been disproved by virtue of the fact that it's not the original images in anycase. 

The easiest most painfree solution, goto a Scott dealer and let them look at the wheels and give you their opinion. In all honesty they will probably tell you, good deal. Those marks look superficial at most. 
Syncros components are mostly an OEM spec item anyway, the alloy rims are made by Alex. Like most other OEM rims on other brands, they're not bling by a long shot.

Accept the fact that you ignored your own responsibility here as a buyer. 

The other lesson is don't post stock or other pics of the item you're selling. If you do, say so and post pictures of the actual item as well. It's just logically more ethical.

The "stress" marks are totally from how aluminum rims are made. From syntace to Wtb that's how it looks where the rim is shaped. If the rim is painted /anodized after being shaped then the stress marks would not be visible.

I would be getting seriously peeved at this stage if I was KOTD. Some guy who bought something 6 months ago after inspection has been publicly trying to drag his name through the mud accusing him of some pretty serious things without being able to substantiate a single damn thing. Your reputation is all you have on a forum like this, especially if you buy and sell regularly and this box has not helped any future sales.

Your reputation is all you have on a forum like this, especially if you buy and sell regularly and this box has not helped any future sales.

It wouldnt be a problem for me, if I saw a negative rating I would search around the forums for the complain thread. 

After reading through this one I honestly wouldnt have a problem with buying from KOTD.

Archived