Win 1 of 2 Absa Cape Epic team entries with USN

News bot

Entered!! I think they should make it compulsory that at least half of each activity should be done off road or at least on gravel road.  We don’t want any inexperienced riders take on “the most difficult MTB race in the world” without being able to ride off road.

My (almost) FIRST ride on 'n MTB was on the day before the start of my Epic.  Never done hydraulic brakes before that day.  Never done dual suspension before that day (one or two rides on 'n Giant Yukon hardtail)

I am a roadie by heart.

Came 76th overall.

Don't judge people on what bikes they ride........

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My (almost) FIRST ride on 'n MTB was on the day before the start of my Epic.  Never done hydraulic brakes before that day.  Never done dual suspension before that day (one or two rides on 'n Giant Yukon hardtail)

I am a roadie by heart.

Came 76th overall.

Geluk

I am a roadie by heart.

Came 76th overall.

Lance?

How the hell am I going to get 2500m of climbing in a single ride in Bloemfontein.... :eek:

Edit : The one hill we have in Bloem that is 1km long, I'm going to have to ride it at least 24 times. Going to be fun :ph34r:

Ha ha ha......Naval Hill is jou voorland? :devil:

can you not enter without strava,say using a garmin ? not everybody does strava

Strava or it didn't happen.....

Surely if you do a ride your heart rate monitor must be worn and captured with your ride. 

Pretty easy to do this challenge on a motorbike?

Edited by Wil6

That 2500m climbing in a single 70km (or longer) ride is gonna be a toughy here in gautengaleng...hill repeats here we come, I'm sure a mini everest will be in order. I don't have a road bike (DAMN!) so I'll have to do all these challenges on a mtb :blink:

That 2500m climbing in a single 70km (or longer) ride is gonna be a toughy here in gautengaleng...hill repeats here we come, I'm sure a mini everest will be in order. I don't have a road bike (DAMN!) so I'll have to do all these challenges on a mtb :blink:

But you mos training for the Epic as if you are going to win?

But you mos training for the Epic as if you are going to win?

Of course....and then I get there and come last!

I'm in. Wife has signed off on it. Heading rapidly into the winter rainy season here in Ireland, so Mtb all the way. Time is the issue for the first two weeks. If I can get that done, then I will worry about the rest. It looks easy when it sits on the calendar, maybe not so easy adjusting the calendar to reality.

Kry 'n paar tips by Spinnou, lyk my die man weet wat hy doen...

Ya, you must only ride on a road bike until the day before. Guaranteed a top 100 placing :-)