Bonus

Why not attack at 1k out and just win solo instead of sprinting?

not everyone is as strong as you...I went with a guy @ 800m to go...I could not pass him on the line... :eek:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers chaps, I'm outa here to go and watch the numerous reruns and speculation of yesterdays little incident. Hopefully today's stage might feature somewhere.

When you are presented with photographic evidence, in-depth analysis by people who know more about racing than us, and current Pros who were THERE agreeing, and you still call it "speculation"?

#AlternativeFacts #FakeNews

(edit: italics added to explicitly indicate my intent to make a joke... no letters please)

Comic Sans is your font of choice on bikehub when deliberately showing a particular portion of post is indeed jest!

No you're absolutely right. Which is why I've gone through the trouble of putting two angles into the images below.

Kristoff is the first to break out of the slipstream and Bouhanni starts to follow

http://i.imgur.com/tLsdiZK.jpg

Kristoff pulls up along Greipel and Demare starts his move, with Sagan still behind Kristoff unaware of the move behind

http://i.imgur.com/KYuR1A1.jpg

Demare starts to pull up along Sagan, Cavendish not really following either wheel at this point

http://i.imgur.com/esqh7MN.jpg

Bouhanni starts his move on Kristoff, whilst Demare pulls level with Sagan. Cavendish follows Demare

http://i.imgur.com/csIULnO.jpg

Demare puts the hammer down and powers past Sagan, Sagan realises as he looks to his right that he needs to follow and at this point there is no-one beside him.

http://i.imgur.com/83CTGUR.jpg

Sorry this doesn't support my opinion, so I reject it as FakeNews!

When you are presented with photographic evidence, in-depth analysis by people who know more about racing than us, and current Pros who were THERE agreeing, and you still call it "speculation"?

Too easy, waaayyyy too easy....... :whistling:

Hmmm... true yes --- Maybe soloing for the victory is the answer - 

The perfect place to ramp over or T-bone a bike or a body and land on your head. Sitting on the back you're a passenger and if the bus arrives at a wipeout, you are going down! (unless you have disc brakes of course....)

Anyone see Cav's story on Instagram yesterday? Shame poor oke had to go p!ss in a bottle for doping control before going to the hospital. 

Eishhh, did someone else have to hold it to help him point at the bottle? :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :eek:

You gotta love how poorly timed these WADA peeps can be at times!

Anyone see Cav's story on Instagram yesterday? Shame poor oke had to go p!ss in a bottle for doping control before going to the hospital. 

no escape from doping I guess :ph34r:

Too easy, waaayyyy too easy....... :whistling:

Ok then, whats your opinion on the incident? Maybe instead of hiding behind snide remarks and deflections, you can discuss the core issue?

Yup and then there will be new topics to discuss. Until then what else do you want the Hub to argue about?

Can save that for Friday...

Maybe the over enthusiastic fanboys and worshipers can start a dedicated thread .... 

Suggested dedicated title threads to discuss the demise of Sagan from the TDF

Sagan, how dare they!

It was not my fault

Cry me a river...

Oh look, racing in 40mins... will Gee keep yellow... will he pass it to CF.  Can EBH keep up the good work for DD... now that Cav is out... Cummings must be relishing that he can have free hand in DD.

Argh more theories on Sagan, never mind... what was I thinking ;)

Sorry this doesn't support my opinion, so I reject it as FakeNews!

You sure are a tightly wound individual.

Relax, I'm having fun with you, what with you getting your knickers in a knot so easily.

OK, I'm outta here, gonna miss the rehash......

how close was Cav's face to the chainring when that bike rode over his face?

Cav is very lucky he ONLY got the injuries he got. I could have been way worse...

how close was Cav's face to the chainring when that bike rode over his face?

Cav is very lucky he ONLY got the injuries he got. I could have been way worse...

He still has his accent, can not get worse.

Can we just imagine quickly if we changed it around.

Sagan against the barriers and going down with Cav drifting across.