Bonus

Stage has started

Couple of attacks early on

Now after 10km:

"Petit (Direct Energie), Albasini (Orica) and Van Keirsbulck (Wanty) try to go clear"

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it seems some Sky machines are leaving after a massive tour, has sky signed any big names?  

Wait till 1 August. 

Then there will be a lot of announcements as to who signed where.

FYI:

La Course by Le Tour will preceed the TT tomorow. The Ladies are also doing a TT.

12:55 - 13:40 SS5 live_butt.png La Course By le Tour de France Leg 2 Marseille / Marseille 13:40 - 18:15 SS5 live_butt.png Tour De France Stage 20 Marseille - Marseille 23km TT

Edited by Rookie85

Wait till 1 August. 

Then there will be a lot of announcements as to who signed where.

So, it seems some Sky machines are leaving after a massive tour, has sky signed any big names?  

Do you think they'd buy Maincheese (or would he want to go to Sky?). Be understudy to CF?

He'd only have to move one up in the Skytrain from his current position..... :ph34r:

Do you think they'd buy Maincheese (or would he want to go to Sky?). Be understudy to CF?

He'd only have to move one up in the Skytrain from his current position..... :ph34r:

He'd really only have to change his shirt.

I was not very impressed with Porte's comments that riders were "ganging up " against him during the Dauphine and also that the downhills during this year TdF are "too dangerous". Not sure whether he can handle the pressure of leading a team and winning a Grand Tour.

WRT being dangerous he has a point... and i would go as far as saying the route planners choose those routes to make it more exciting thinking of the TV viewing ratings

With so few top team spots available paying the top dollar the individual riders will compete for the positions. Would you not try and improve your position in the team if you where in Landa's position? Maybe he feels that Sky is not supporting his move or slide into the role as team leader.

The positions are all filled at the top teams and unless he can slip onto a team as dual team leader or something he is going to be stuck with super domestique for a little while still. Froome made it clear that he wants another TDF title after this one and will continue to try win another probably until dethroned.

Lets face it - at this stage Sky has the strongest GC support structure and I think almost every GC contender wants Froome's spot - hence I think Landa is trying to push for a move in there - maybe he can take Thomas' spot for the other grand tours?

Landa was dual leader with Thomas at Giro, unfortunately he withdrew on stage 10 after crashing.  

The Aussie commentators absolutely adore Bling Matthews.

If Peter Sagan only behaved better - now we have been spared his hero-worshipping   :)

Fixed :whistling:

Edited by s14phoenix

20 breakaway riders up the road at 5min30, probably big enough of a group and deep enough into the tour that this break could succeed. EBH made it in, but I fear he is too good a sprinter and they will attack him before the finish because he would most probably take the sprint easily in this group...

Jan Bakelants (AG2R-La Mondiale), Daniele Bennati (Movistar), Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo), Ben Swift (UAE), Rudy Molard (FDJ), Michael Albasini and Jens Keukeleire (Orica), Edvald Boasson Hagen (Dimension Data), Gianluca Brambilla (Quick Step), Robert Kiserlovski (Katusha), Thomas De Gendt and Tony Gallopin (Lotto-Soudal), Nikias Arndt (Sunweb), Julien Simon (Cofidis), Lilian Calmejane, Sylvain Chavanel and Romain Sicard (Direct Energie), Elie Gesbert, Romain Hardy and Pierre-Luc Périchon (Fortuneo-Oscaro)

Edited by Rookie85

FYI:

La Course by Le Tour will preceed the TT tomorow. The Ladies are also doing a TT.

12:55 - 13:40 SS5 live_butt.png La Course By le Tour de France Leg 2 Marseille / Marseille 13:40 - 18:15 SS5 live_butt.png Tour De France Stage 20 Marseille - Marseille 23km TT

apparently the top 20 finishers from the izoard will TT against each other with the starting times as they finished. 1st AVV then a 43sec gap 2nd Lizzie then 40sec 3rd Borghini etc etc... 

20 breakaway riders up the road at 5min30, probably big enough of a group and deep enough into the tour that this break could succeed. EBH made it in, but I fear he is too good a sprinter and they will attack him before the finish because he would most probably take the sprint easily in this group...

Jan Bakelants (AG2R-La Mondiale), Daniele Bennati (Movistar), Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo), Ben Swift (UAE), Rudy Molard (FDJ), Michael Albasini and Jens Keukeleire (Orica), Edvald Boasson Hagen (Dimension Data), Gianluca Brambilla (Quick Step), Robert Kiserlovski (Katusha), Thomas De Gendt and Tony Gallopin (Lotto-Soudal), Nikias Arndt (Sunweb), Julien Simon (Cofidis), Lilian Calmejane, Sylvain Chavanel and Romain Sicard (Direct Energie), Elie Gesbert, Romain Hardy and Pierre-Luc Périchon (Fortuneo-Oscaro)

Super group - could be a tour of its own... if they don't make it today then no break would have made it!

Problem with the cheese being so small, he will not offer cf a wheel to follow. he might as well ride next to him just to whisper sweat nothings in his ear

Read yesterday that he's probably heading back to Dimension Data

Wow TDG has been in the mix a few times this TDF. Probably going for most aggressive rider overall

This is a very strong group. If I was a sprinter in the main peloton I would be worried.