Bonus

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the general consensus among most cycling fans, fellow pro cyclists (past and present) and the many cycling media houses is that the DQ was an incorrect decision. Certainly this has got to count for something?

A nice pic of that elbow

19679487_869528383202886_338335833872599

Thanks Gummi! Was searching for this pic!

Anyone notice the back wheel of Cav in this pic...?

Now the position of Cav's fingers on the brakes? Why wouldn't they be wrapped around the lever unless there's been some sort of touching from impact into Sagan in some way along his forearm\wrist etc?

The more I look at this on TV and in the pics, the more I think that only excluding Sagz is them being inconsistent. I have no clue what it is like being in the middle of that melee, but unless Cav was totally quiet, which is about as likely 'Dale not posting on a Tour day, Sagz had to know he was there a second or two before the elbow, if it was intentional or for balance.

UCI don't know the word consistent.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A nice pic of that elbow

19679487_869528383202886_338335833872599

So you want to judge an episode of 5 seconds with one screenshot? LOL

So Gen is going to have to comfort her boyfriend over his unfair disqualification.

The overhead spoken of earlier.. here you see Cav already starting to lean in

db7b1d4a3b4b71704c9aacf0991ed17d.jpg

Also trying to make sense of what happened.

Look at the sequence of pics and make up your own mind

Ok, my final point and then I will let fanboys lay.

Look closely at the second last pic, you can clearly see no gap between Cav and Demare, Cav was following him, having chosen the correct wheel from the start. Sagan is noticing demare coming past and starts to move over.

Last pic, notice that the front wheels of Sagan and Cav are in the same line! Sagan knew Cav was there, there is no way Cav could have ridden "into the back' of Sagan. Sagan saw that Cav had the correct wheel and wanted the wheel, he tried forcing Cav off of it. 

Don't lie to yourself. People are seeing what they want to see because they love Sagan. just because he is likable, he can be reckless and get away with it, because 'he would never do that', 'he has done so much for the sport'.

Sounds like the same excuses used for Armstrong.

I like Sagan, but dont make him a GOD that is incapable of doing wrong.

UCI Commissars are untouchable and generally on a power trip ....

Remember how they heartlessly excluded Ted King in the Team TT a  few years ago because he was recovering from a crash?

Even if the world agrees that this exclusion was a wrong decision, they will not back down because they view their views as gospel and The Truth

sprinters are just proper @ssh0les...

They have to be to survive those sprints[emoji15]

Sprints make the races interesting and will be boring without those testosterone fueled finishes [emoji106][emoji106]

"The controversial ejection comes as the UCI and race organizers have made a push to create safer race conditions. A new rule that widens gaps to three seconds was introduced for this Tour in part to alleviate the pressure during the sprints.

UCI jury president Philippe Mariën said the UCI race jury met with riders and teams before the start of the Tour to caution them not to take unnecessary risks in the bunch sprints, and that the race jury would be taking a heavy hand on what they deemed as dangerous sprinting." - Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/news/uci-jury-president-defends-sagan-decision_442753#BGuO5FZlUuH0Xyyl.99

UCI tried to create a safer sprinting environment with the warning of harsher action. Pity for most that the first casualty of this harsher action / dimmer view on incidents is Sagan, but that is that

Ok, my final point and then I will let fanboys lay.

Look closely at the second last pic, you can clearly see no gap between Cav and Demare, Cav was following him, having chosen the correct wheel from the start. Sagan is noticing demare coming past and starts to move over.

Last pic, notice that the front wheels of Sagan and Cav are in the same line! Sagan knew Cav was there, there is no way Cav could have ridden "into the back' of Sagan. Sagan saw that Cav had the correct wheel and wanted the wheel, he tried forcing Cav off of it. 

Don't lie to yourself. People are seeing what they want to see because they love Sagan. just because he is likable, he can be reckless and get away with it, because 'he would never do that', 'he has done so much for the sport'.

Sounds like the same excuses used for Armstrong.

I like Sagan, but dont make him a GOD that is incapable of doing wrong.

You're allowed your opinion.... even if it's wrong. 

There's a small gap behind Demare and as he pulls alongside Sagan, Sagan tries to take his wheel not anticipating Cav there, who does in fact ride into Sagan from behind, drawing up next to him as he is going down. 

"The controversial ejection comes as the UCI and race organizers have made a push to create safer race conditions. A new rule that widens gaps to three seconds was introduced for this Tour in part to alleviate the pressure during the sprints.

UCI jury president Philippe Mariën said the UCI race jury met with riders and teams before the start of the Tour to caution them not to take unnecessary risks in the bunch sprints, and that the race jury would be taking a heavy hand on what they deemed as dangerous sprinting." - Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/news/uci-jury-president-defends-sagan-decision_442753#BGuO5FZlUuH0Xyyl.99

UCI tried to create a safer sprinting environment with the warning of harsher action. Pity for most that the first casualty of this harsher action / dimmer view on incidents is Sagan, but that is that

And Demare. .no penalty for him?.. he may not have directly caused the crash but he sure did start a ripple effect.

Again.. they are inconsistent. This is why no know knows exactly what action will result in what reaction ..

Archived