Greg Minnaar joins Rush Sports

Stretch

Admin..I put a thread up on this earlier today . You may as well merge the comments from there with this

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys! We're really excited for this new chapter. Bottom line is we're still focused on delivering the goods, quickly, reliably, and as economically as possible.

I am a qualified bicycle technician, servicing bicycles from home. About 3 weeks ago I sent Rush Sport an email wanting to buy a bearing for a Cane Creek headset. They did not even bother to answer me. NOT IMPRESSED.!!!.

Jaco Hoffmann Pretoria. Faerie Glen Cycle Workshop.

I am a qualified bicycle technician, servicing bicycles from home. About 3 weeks ago I sent Rush Sport an email wanting to buy a bearing for a Cane Creek headset. They did not even bother to answer me. NOT IMPRESSED.!!!. Jaco Hoffmann Pretoria. Faerie Glen Cycle Workshop.

Hi Jaco

Not sure is this is the appropriate forum, but I see we received an email from you on the 5th of November which was replied to the same day. (I have just emailed you personally)

As we mention on our website we have a strict policy whereby we do not supply directly to the public, we firmly believe the health of the industry, and the reputation of our brands is secured by the independent cycling dealers in South Africa, some 600 of which we supply on a daily basis.

That being said, we also respect and admire entrepreneurs who are equipping themselves with the skills to offer a service which South African consumers (and their bikes) deserve, but as per my first point, we have a responsibility to both our existing customers, and the brands that we represent to ensure that we maintain a level of professionalism and transparency that ensure we are only trading with legitimate businesses, as at the end of the day we are a wholesaler first and foremost.

I am a qualified bicycle technician, servicing bicycles from home. About 3 weeks ago I sent Rush Sport an email wanting to buy a bearing for a Cane Creek headset. They did not even bother to answer me. NOT IMPRESSED.!!!. Jaco Hoffmann Pretoria. Faerie Glen Cycle Workshop.

Can I suggest picking up the phone and calling them.....

Can I suggest picking up the phone and calling them.....

Perhaps he has a secret crush on Greg and is hoping that he'll come and personally deliver his order.

Perhaps he has a secret crush on Greg and is hoping that he'll come and personally deliver his order.

LOL... wonder where he might put it..... of course - crushes on Greg are reserved for Hayley-Ann.... :)

I never understand why people can't call and talk to other people these days....  solves a LOT of issues very simply.... if you have a problem, pick up the phone and ask for the boss.... works most of the time....

LOL... wonder where he might put it..... of course - crushes on Greg are reserved for Hayley-Ann.... :)

I never understand why people can't call and talk to other people these days.... solves a LOT of issues very simply.... if you have a problem, pick up the phone and ask for the boss.... works most of the time....

Agreed. I had an appointment with someone at home yesterday over lunch time. When he was late I phoned his office, and they got back to me to say that he got held up at his previous appointment and will be at my house in 15 minutes. Now I could have gone to their company FB page to whinge there, but why do that when its quicker and easier to just pick up the phone?

Agreed. I had an appointment with someone at home yesterday over lunch time. When he was late I phoned his office, and they got back to me to say that he got held up at his previous appointment and will be at my house in 15 minutes. Now I could have gone to their company FB page to whinge there, but why do that when its quicker and easier to just pick up the phone?

But they did reply, (on the same day).. Maybe he should just check his spam[emoji102]

I never understand why people can't call and talk to other people these days....  solves a LOT of issues very simply.... if you have a problem, pick up the phone and ask for the boss.... works most of the time....

From my perspective, it's a bit of a CYA situation. If it's a particularly time sensitive issue, I'll start with a phonecall to lay the groundwork and then follow up with an email to make it official. I like having records of communication. It also helps avoid confusion. IF you set things out properly.

But for a quick thing which doesn't require much detail, or a hurry-up request - phonecall is king. 

Also for buying / selling stuff. 

watch out chaps...we have a first post badass here