The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Mat dominate this past CX season with early solo attacks .. boring.

Watching Mat win like he did today .... priceless.

Guess he night be thinking Olympic Road Race now?

Yeah that whole bit about it being to hard to get selection in the Dutch RR team has just become true for all the other Dutch riders..but not him[emoji1787]

Yep, Allaphillipe and Fuglsang surely mucked it up between the two of them. They had 45s or more on the kwiatkowski pair with 4odd km to the go, and he caught them at 900m from the finish. That won't happen unless they completely let up in front. So they really threw that away.

But still massive respect for VdPoel, who had some helpers until about 2.5km to go but had to do all of the work from there and nobody could get past him from there until the finish line. Brilliant!

That was just crazy..will remember this win for a long long time!! Love this guy!

I think cycling won today..that was probably the best example of what makes this sport so unique, complex and beautiful!! Best sport in the world by a million miles!!

Plus I think the Fleche and Leige organizers are kicking themselves at this stage!! MvdP is hot property right now and to not have him there will be a bit of a let down for most fans!

Fuglsang: "The information I got on the radio was that Michał Kwiatkowski and those guys were too far behind and so the team orders were they didn't want me to pull anymore so I said 'ok but you’re going to need to keep me updated with the timings'." #AGR

Commentators went on about 4000m ascent but Willie's Smit Strava is just over 3k which seems more believable

Unless Willies Garmin reset when he was showing the motoman his wattage

2686abd5cc71f026d947d5df4a17d9e6.jpg

Did Willie finish the race? Official timing has him as DNF. Simon Clarke got 3800 which is pretty close.

Did Willie finish the race? Official timing has him as DNF. Simon Clarke got 3800 which is pretty close.

Just the 10 000 calories burnt then - similar to my average ride. Plus I hit 40 sometimes if the slope is right. I might see if mvdp needs a team mate

Mystery solved as Willie “only” has 235km

Fuglsang: "The information I got on the radio was that Michał Kwiatkowski and those guys were too far behind and so the team orders were they didn't want me to pull anymore so I said 'ok but you’re going to need to keep me updated with the timings'." #AGR

No one saw the Mat train coming back to the leaders - even Sean Kelly on Eurosport said nah too late.

iI that same interview, he said he was told that the gap was 20s, but Kwiatkowski was only 10m behind.

So it is Monday has Pat Lefevere figured out how he is going to pin Alaphillipe's loss on Sagan yet..[emoji6]

Aaah he is saying.. he doesn't want to be a sore loser BUT the race director gave incorrect time gaps and there were motos between the groups ..insinuating that the VDP group had motos pacing them back... but unfortunately for him aerial pics show no help from motos..VDP was the moto.

Nevermind that Alaphillipe and Fulgsang slowed down a LOT in the last 3km when they started playing games...esp the last km.

Edited by Gen

iI that same interview, he said he was told that the gap was 20s, but Kwiatkowski was only 10m behind.

chuck the radios away racing it would be really fun all the time.[emoji1787]

Edited by Gen