The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not riding this week.. no Fleche no LBL..(according to the commentators)

Sags going through a difficult time..it happens hey.

Yip it's back to cyclocross & MTB for him. What a luxury to be able to make that choice.

Nino wishing MVDP made a different choice??

Yip it's back to cyclocross & MTB for him. What a luxury to be able to make that choice.

Nino wishing MVDP made a different choice??

Every cyclist wishing he goes on a long holiday.

This has the same feel to it as when that young Slovakian kid burst on to the scene..VDP is here to stay no matter which discipline ..

Wow where did MvDP come from? That must have been one of the craziest last few kms behind him. I would love to see his power meter data......

Sorry no data available, he broke it.. and everyone else's .

My kids thought someone had died and when they looked at the TV MvDP was on the ground. They thought a car hit him. What a race, so glad I tuned in!

It was really great..

Spoilt.. 2 fantastic races today..

News from the finish line.. my friend says the place went absolutely bonkers and everyone is getting really drunk, really fast

Wow where did MvDP come from? That must have been one of the craziest last few kms behind him. I would love to see his power meter data......

He must have been at max power for a few KM to close that gap and keep powering past everyone. Incredible!

His emotion and tears after the finish is infectious. 

The disbelief at his own achievement:

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2019/04/21/1/bettiniphoto_0388822_1_2000px_670.jpg

Edited by splat

What a contrast to the usual finger pointing and sad "they did not want to work together" stories from the usual suspects. The kid was pulling that 3d bunch for most of the last 5km. Yes, the cat and mouse tactics helped him, but he also made his own luck.

Commentators went on about 4000m ascent but Willie's Smit Strava is just over 3k which seems more believable

Unless Willies Garmin reset when he was showing the motoman his wattage

Lesson about courage and never giving up dished out today.

It took the peloton quite a while to work out how to beat Sagan when he burst onto the scene..I think they may take even longer to figure out how to beat VDP.

When he does move to a big team.. he must really go to a team that will allow him to race with freedom for as long as possible.

Yep, sorry, don't have Comic Sans font on the phone, was being sarcastic. Everyone is building it up as MvdPoel's race to lose, so it feels like everyone else is just a long shot.

Well now I look like a tjop...

At least I have Allaphillipe and Fuglsang for company :)

Looking forward to watching this kid dish out all sorts of @+-whoopings in the years to come

Watching Mat dominate this past CX season with early solo attacks .. boring.

Watching Mat win like he did today .... priceless.

Guess he night be thinking Olympic Road Race now?