The Classics

'Dale

He crashed alone, which would probably suggest that he had the cardiac arrest and then fell, but we will not know until the investigation is complete.

Watching the video of the crash you can see he slides left then almost collapses onto handlebars before going over. Wonder if the jolting of the cobbles can bring on an arrest? So sad [emoji20]

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the races Sagan has won, hard to believe this is only his second monument win, after his solo victory at Flanders in 2016.

Given that LBL and GdL are primarily a climber’s parcours, Sagan’s best chances to win more Monuments will be MSR - and then multiple wins at these three.

Most monuments wins

Only three riders have won all five Monument races during their careers: Rik Van Looy, Eddy Merckx and Roger De Vlaeminck, all three Belgians, and only Eddy Merckx won each of them more than once.

Five riders won four of the Monuments. With victories in all the other Monuments, Sean Kelly almost joined the top group, finishing second in the Tour of Flanders on three occasions (1984, 1986 and 1987). Dutch rider Hennie Kuiper won each Monument, except Liège–Bastogne–Liège in which he finished second in 1980. Frenchman Louison Bobet, also won all but Liège–Bastogne–Liège. Belgian rider Fred De Bruyne also came close, finishing second in the Giro di Lombardia in 1955 and winning the other four races during his career. Germain Derycke also won four races, all except the Giro di Lombardia.

Twenty riders have won at least five Monuments in their career:

19 Eddy Merckx

11 Roger De Vlaeminck

09 Costante Girardengo

09 Fausto Coppi

09 Sean Kelly

08 Rik Van Looy

07 Gino Bartali

07 Tom Boonen

07 Fabian Cancellara

06 Henri Pélissier

06 Alfredo Binda

06 Fred De Bruyne

06 Francesco Moser

06 Moreno Argentin

06 Johan Museeuw

05 Gaetano Belloni

05 Rik Van Steenbergen

05 Bernard Hinault

05 Michele Bartoli

05 Paolo Bettini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/paris-roubaix/photos/page-03/565-bettiniphoto_0326720_1_2000px.jpg

I think he needs to work on the angle of the goggles

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FY66A1/cairns-australia-23rd-apr-2016-uci-mountain-bike-world-cup-mens-downhill-FY66A1.jpg

He crashed alone, which would probably suggest that he had the cardiac arrest and then fell, but we will not know until the investigation is complete.

Apparently he was resucuated by the race Docter and again twice later in the helicopter on the way to hospital.

Sad

And I just finished watching..wow what a beautiful race that was.. Dillier..just wow and incredible ride from him..

BORA..flippen well done fantastic support for Sagan throughout the race.. Oss and Burghart man they were great controlling things before and after he made his move..[emoji1303]

It takes a team..

As for Sagan..incredible win..that meant a lot..he was so happy in the post race interview he was glowing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Apparently he was resucuated by the race Docter and again twice later in the helicopter on the way to hospital.

Sad

Incredibly sad, he had his whole life ahead of him..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think he needs to work on the angle of the goggles

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FY66A1/cairns-australia-23rd-apr-2016-uci-mountain-bike-world-cup-mens-downhill-FY66A1.jpg

Yes, but the ambush marketing decal was on the lenses, so not reliant on the strap branding like the DH guys...

Impressive outing for the Factor brand

Ride of the day by Dillier

D5C_9166-1280x854.jpg

The Factor One frame is probably the hottest frame out there at the moment imo. 

London_Bike_Show_2018-1.jpg

The Factor One frame is probably the hottest frame out there at the moment imo. 

London_Bike_Show_2018-1.jpg

Looks a lot like my BMC SLX01 2009 frame.