The Classics

'Dale

I'd watch the defending champ again.

Or GvA will finally get his win.

Ja Terpstra looked good yesterday, so did Trentin..

But can't wait to see what Jumbo get up to

6 sleeps ..

Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't afraid to fail, The Viking

Went solo with about 45 kms to go, chasing the break.

What a pic of concentrated pain. 

Pic by Cor Vos

CORVOS_00030835-233.jpg

don't ever ant to be accused of bodyshaming winners, but is that a little boep there or just "camera angle"?

don't ever ant to be accused of bodyshaming winners, but is that a little boep there or just "camera angle"?

He's pushing about 550 watts, eina, breathing deeply from the diaphragm 

Breathing well is one of the core skills of the elite, pun intended

He is a unit this year!!!

Having 1 really good season with some good results doesn't elevate you to one of the best in the business..it means you had a few really good results that season and show signs of being able to possibly contest other big one day races in the future, being one of the best means you are right up there year in and year out..

But saying that Valgren is still young when it comes to the classics..he is 26ish? and there is hope that he will be right up there..but without a supporting team that will be very difficult.

He IMO is also better suited to the Ardennes..a little light for the cobbles ?

He probably also has an eye on LBL.. the new finish has also attracted interest from a lot of riders who in the past wouldn't even consider LBL.

In an interview earlier this year he said the race he really wants to win this year is Flanders.

Based on his performances so far this year his chance seems remote, but one never knows... he certainly has the talent and must come right some or other time... so let see how it goes..

In an interview earlier this year he said the race he really wants to win this year is Flanders.

Based on his performances so far this year his chance seems remote, but one never knows... he certainly has the talent and must come right some or other time... so let see how it goes..

Ambitious but a really tough ask.. Flanders is a race so so many people dream of winning and few get it right..if his team can't keep him at the front and safe till about 60/70km to go he can forget about it..can't think that DDD car number will be in the first 10..so alone he has to try and look after himself and get water bottles etc..and from what we've seen some the DDD riders have serious problems with the distance.

Will Flanders be on tv sunday? Probably my fav classic. According to many pro riders also the toughest

Will Flanders be on tv sunday? Probably my fav classic. According to many pro riders also the toughest

Yes. SS5 from 09:00

Thank flippen goodness for that...now to see what the weather forecast is like. Edited by Gen

Soon.....

http://www.steephill.tv/2015/tour-of-flanders/photos/page-02/155200_PIC528715568.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/tour-of-flanders/photos/page-02/155041_641164007.jpghttp://www.steephill.tv/2018/tour-of-flanders/photos/page-02/280-CORVOS_00029370-199.jpg

the complete and utter abandonment of the idea of being Africa's Team.

Agree 10% and believe that will ultimately sink the team.

Mitchelton Scott is a good example which has always stuck to its Aussie identity despite the riders coming from several countries. Another team which has been true to its roots is Lotto Visma: unapologetically Dutch. Deceunick (ex Quickstep) is a Belgian example

For  those teams there is value for companies from the respective countries due to it's national nature in terms of sponsorship (Lotto is the Dutch lottery)

By becoming just another international team, DD is fighting against all other international teams for sponsorship $$ and that ain't an easy fight especially if you do not dominate in terms of winnings.

yes indeed. my problem with the UCI rankings is how they are put together, when a rider transfers the points should stay with the team

case in point - https://www.uci.org/road/rankings

go look at the DDD details, and the bulk of points all come from Valgren, Kreuziger and Gasparotto - when they were on other teams! only EBH and Gibbons have brought in significant points while wearing green helmets.

in short . we suck. let's hope it gets better from here

Interesting. I learnt something new today. Thanks!

I see on Tweetiebird ???? that Kristoff burnt about 7300 calories and NP average 343 watts or something over 251.5 kms

???????????? ????????????

Edited by 'Dale