The Classics

'Dale

No need to assume the dimensions of the white line, the rules state the width:

34cm + 4cm + 34cm

White + Black + White

Cool, thanks.

Updated with a 34cm difference in finish line position, all things staying the same, speed difference needed:

4km/h

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also work out speed differential if a bike length is made up in 3-4 sec. (~1.8km/h right? Happy to be corrected)

Combine that with a sub 10mm margin of victory, camera even before the white line etc etc

Loads of if and buts. I'm still taking a moment :)

But very happy for the winner, could not happen to a more worthy guy

UAE Team Emirates have been ruled out of La Flèche Wallonne after Diego Ulissi and a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on the eve of the race.

In a statement on Wednesday morning, UAE Team Emirates said that Ulissi and the staff member had since returned repeated negative tests but the team of Tadej Pogačar and defending champion Marc Hirschi will not participate in La Flèche Wallonn

Fleche Wallone today, Cupcakes!

Roglic and Pidcock gonna do an action replay of Amstel.

Roglic and Pidcock gonna do an action replay of Amstel.

Shame, why you calling a puncture on him again!

Shame, why you calling a puncture on him again!

^_^

I feel sorry for Pidcock though. Gonna be pipped by a different Visma rider. Roglic wont make the mistake of letting him sit his wheel in the last km.

Edited by TNT1

UAE Team Emirates have been ruled out of La Flèche Wallonne after Diego Ulissi and a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on the eve of the race.

In a statement on Wednesday morning, UAE Team Emirates said that Ulissi and the staff member had since returned repeated negative tests but the team of Tadej Pogačar and defending champion Marc Hirschi will not participate in La Flèche Wallonn

This begs to question either the test process or the effectiveness of the vaccine considering the entire team and staff were vaccinated earlier this year. 

USA champ Ruth Winder on one helluva attack. Wow.

Tough climb this. Anybody's game it seems.

Anna vdB - legendary

So close, Kasia. Really want her to rule the day.

Aaaand water is wet. Is that 6 in a row for her?

Edit

Oooh it is 7 in a row.

She knows that wall better than Valverde.

Edited by Gen

A common question from people who see a photo finish for the first time is “where is the finish line”? With the above in mind the answer is “there is no specific finish line since the whole image is the finish line”. This is often illustrated by the colour: The track is usually red or blue, except on the finish line where it is white. But since the photo finish only shows the finish line, the whole track seems to be white.

Yes, but the line on the road was 25cm away from the photo finish line it turn out, which is within the 35cm UCI tolerance. 

The issue is not the technology, its making the 2 lines the same as the winner is different between the 2 lines.

Pidcock's broken shoe.

BTW, is he going to have to learn the lesson the hard way when it comes to wearing gloves?

Edited by TNT1