Max Knox to race Rocky Mountain in 2017

News bot

From man himself: Rocky Mountain Bike Sponsor, Equipment sponsor.

G

The article is a bit vague. Is Knox racing Rocky Mountain bikes? Are they just supplying him with bikes as brand ambassador? Or is he on the pay roll now as a pro.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So title sponsor is a tractor company, that's sort of cool, if not a total race snake vibe. Who was he racing for this year?

Quite the slippery one... ☺️

Let see how this one plays out...(3dit 3dit...)

Mmmmm...(edit...edit...edit....)&&&&&&...!!!

Let's start a poll...??

Edited by ChunkyMonkey

I would say all of this is uncalled for, Max has been tasted just as many times as his team mates, and has always returned a clean result...

No one have any grounds to accuse or for that matter call him names/insult him.

G

Quite the slippery bastad this one.....
Let see how this one plays out...
Will this be a 6 month sponsor... Or 3?
Let's start a poll...

He really has been with a lot of different sponsors in a short amount of time,but anyway good luck and give it horns.

Edited by Bizkit031

I would say all of this is uncalled for, Max has been tasted just as many times as his team mates, and has always returned a clean result...

No one have any grounds to accuse or for that matter call him names/insult him.

G

What were the results?

"A definite taste of Chicken, with a strong lingering PED aftertaste." 

I really hope that they dope test the crap out of Max this year and that he doesn't test positive.

The company he has kept has left him with the same doping stench that enveloped and burnt them. Hopefully he can rise above it.

I wonder how many of the keyboard warriors criticizing / accusing Max have spoken to him or even know him? Geez, your assumptions are a bit over the top. Yes, he has been let down by partners before and I am pretty sure he is really pissed about it. Have you ever thought that could be a reason why he races for himself and teams up with various different riders so he can take part in selected multiday races.

Max is most probably one of the most tested MTB riders in SA considering his dominance of the Ashburton National series and winning the SA champs. 

As far as I know Max has never returned an adverse result. I know Max has always stated he rides clean and is 100% committed to racing and winning clean.

Until otherwise proven, Max has my support as the best Marathon rider in SA and I am hoping 2017 will be even bigger than 2016.

100%

G

I wonder how many of the keyboard warriors criticizing / accusing Max have spoken to him or even know him? Geez, your assumptions are a bit over the top. Yes, he has been let down by partners before and I am pretty sure he is really pissed about it. Have you ever thought that could be a reason why he races for himself and teams up with various different riders so he can take part in selected multiday races.

Max is most probably one of the most tested MTB riders in SA considering his dominance of the Ashburton National series and winning the SA champs. 

As far as I know Max has never returned an adverse result. I know Max has always stated he rides clean and is 100% committed to racing and winning clean.

Until otherwise proven, Max has my support as the best Marathon rider in SA and I am hoping 2017 will be even bigger than 2016.

I don't have the facts in hand

And if Max Knox have not failed any dopping tests, why the slander?

Guilty by association. Maybe?

It is still speculation.

I understand the mistrust and cynicism floating around.

And the facts are the facts hey.

Something for all the Keyboard warriors to consider.

These guys get paid/sponsored based on attention they bring to a brand; it's all about advertising. So Slander.... bring bad press. Which implies a sponsor might walk past someone putting in allot of time to be the fastest he can be, so that he can get a sponsor, as the sponsor pays him, thats he's lively wood, he's job, he's income, he's ability to provide for a family.

So when you make statements with no facts, and ye, there is no facts here, he's never been found guilty ( and ye only positive tests gets made public, not negative, so in the absence of a positive test result he is innocent) you actually attacking he's livelihood, he's marketability, his attractiveness to sponsors.

Think about this... think what your situation would be if someone turns around and started stories at your job, to the point where you boss starts wonder, should I, should I not... is this worth it, Think what you'd do if stories destroy your career, your ability to provide for your wife and children, baseless stories.

Note, these professional athletes do come to these pages, and their sponsors also.

Without these athletes and sponsors our sport won't be where it is, so you not only hurting them, your hurting our sport.

Easy to sit behind a keyboard, 

G

Fixed some spelling as it seems thats a bigger problem for some people, sure the grammar police will find more problems though.

I don't have the facts in hand

And if Max Knox have not failed any dopping tests, why the slander?

Guilty by association. Maybe?

It is still speculation.

I understand the mistrust and cynicism floating around.

And the facts are the facts hey.

Edited by awesme

Dude, I think you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

Something for all the Keyboard warriors to consider. Insulting people you are trying to reason with seldom helps.

These guys get paid/sponsored based on attention they bring to a brand, it's alllll about advertising. So Slander.... bring bad press. Which implies a sponsor might walk past someone putting in allot of time to be the fastest he can be, so that he can get a sponsor, as the sponsor pays him, thats he's lively wood, he's job, he's income, he's ability to provide for a family. Again, the issue is not "bad press"that gets peoples sponsors dropped, its the bad press that gets created by cheats getting caught. The bad press that was created by KevinE, DavidG and BrandonS is what makes sponsors think twice, NOT some online forum. 20 000 people a day call Chris Froome a doper on twitter, he is still sponsored. He also doesnt send any of them Emma letters....

So when you make statements with no facts, and ye, there is no facts here 3 of his teamies have been busted, fact!, he's never been found guilty Correct, that is a fact too. Nobody on this thread has called him a doper from what I can see, I certianly havent and wont. ( and ye only positive tests gets made public, not negative, so in the absence of a positive test result he is innocent) you actually attacking he's lively wood, he's marketability, his attractiveness to sponsors. Sorry, I do not agree. His association with those riders is what makes him less attractive to sponsors, not the "keyboard warriors" as you put it. Thats like saying its the Sunday Times that made Molefe look bad, not the fact that he visited the Guptas a bunch of times.

Think about this... think what your situation would be if someone turns around and started stories at your job, to the point where you boss starts wonder, should I, should I not... is this worth it, Think what you'd do if stories destroy your career, your ability to provide for your wife and children, baseless stories. Think about this, if I dont want my boss to think that I am involved with dodgey people, maybe I shouldn't hang out with dodgey people. 

Note, these professional athletes do come to these pages, and their sponsors also.

Without these athletes and sponsors our sport won't be where it is, so you not only hurting them, your hurting our sport. Until you come to terms with the fact that its the people who cheat that damage the sport, you are going to fight a losing battle with these attempts to shift blame.

Easy to sit behind a keyboard, Just as easy as blaming other people for your actions....

G

He is unfortunately a victim of his circumstance and yes he has a cloud over his head from other people's actions and yes, maybe he is angered by their actions. Has he come out and condemned their actions?

He has not been caught, and therefore he is not being called a doper, this will be unfair, and I wont support it, but you cannot call people out for being skeptical in these circumstances. But this isnt the point...

Point is, its not Twitter or TheHub's fault that sponsors are cautious about investing in cycling, its the DOPERS fault for cheating in the first place.

Edited by Patchelicious

Dude, I think you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

He is unfortunately a victim of his circumstance and yes he has a cloud over his head from other people's actions and yes, maybe he is angered by their actions. Has he come out and condemned their actions?

He has not been caught, and therefore he is not being called a doper, this will be unfair, and I wont support it, but you cannot call people out for being skeptical in these circumstances. But this isnt the point...

Point is, its not Twitter or TheHub's fault that sponsors are cautious about investing in cycling, its the DOPERS fault for cheating in the first place.

Wasn't he active here during the time that BS was bust?.. I can't actually remember, I only recall telling him if he tests positive I would klap him.. or something along those lines.

But I also can't recall if he had an opinion on the matter.. it was some time ago.

I have a problem with this statement.

"Note, these professional athletes do come to these pages, and their sponsors also.

Without these athletes and sponsors our sport won't be where it is, so you not only hurting them, your hurting our sport."

Where would this sport be without us the paying public you mean? 

this thread is getting Toxic, but until his found to be on something his good in my books.