Man doping

All valid BUT then start them in their own batch and enforce the rules.

The few marathon event (those serious ones that are part of the National series etc) they say very clearly the elite ladies have a separate start batch and no outside interference is allowed.. be it pacing or mechanical assistance.

I personally saw Cherise walk with her bike because of a flat and kindly declined assistance from the guys that wanted to help.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if it's the front of the ladies race fellow competitors will see it and lodge a protest?

If it's the Saturday fun ride at WTF without a dedicated ladies batch and the ABSA helicopter then it's not really important.

There we go.......JCZA hitting the nail on the head.

Any CSA sanctioned event will have comms present applying rules on the spot.  No questions.  They speak, you listen.

In a funride like WTF or Rooiwal or Kerkbasaar, anything basically goes.  All is fair in love and war.

You can even chase down your own team mates.  :whistling:

I would have followed her wheel and sprinter her (and her man dope) on the line.  :ph34r:  :thumbup:

After I'll stick them for a beer with the prize money.  :P

If it is not important, then why is your husband/boyfriend/partner interfering in the race?

And I do not think that you get to decide what is important for others - isn't that exactly how poop gets started?

If the husband/partner/boyfriend paid for his entry he is entitled to be there. What's next? Complaining about congestion in single track while the leaders got away?

Surely if it's the front of the ladies race fellow competitors will see it and lodge a protest?

If it's the Saturday fun ride at WTF without a dedicated ladies batch and the ABSA helicopter then it's not really important.

Clearly a man lacking in moral fibre.

Who? The husband/partner/boyfriend? Or the commissaire?

Or the helicopter pilot?

Did the organisers announce the prize for the first husband/wife team at the start of the race? Was it advertised in any way? MJ did you and your wife know about the couples prize before the start?

If the husband/partner/boyfriend paid for his entry he is entitled to be there. What's next? Complaining about congestion in single track while the leaders got away?

I fear that you are not getting it: Having your partner there is not the issue. Having your partner stay out of it is.

Edited by The real MJ

I disagree, if there was an issue with winning both the first lady prize and husband & wife prize then it should be the organisers responsibility to seperate the two (like having specific categories) - it should not be up to the rider to decide on everyone elses behalf which prize she won and which prize she is now disqualified for on someone elses moral interpretation.

You are correct, solo and team entries should be mutually exclusive so that we don't sit on the hub debating ethics, or for some people, should I rather say a lack thereof.

There we go.......JCZA hitting the nail on the head.

Any CSA sanctioned event will have comms present applying rules on the spot. No questions. They speak, you listen.

In a funride like WTF or Rooiwal or Kerkbasaar, anything basically goes. All is fair in love and war.

You can even chase down your own team mates. :whistling:

I would have followed her wheel and sprinter her (and her man dope) on the line. :ph34r: :thumbup:

After I'll stick them for a beer with the prize money. :P

Eugh, using CSA as a moral yard stick :P

Deep down I think people that use unfair advantages to get prize money know what they are doing is wrong.

Did the organisers announce the prize for the first husband/wife team at the start of the race? Was it advertised in any way? MJ did you and your wife know about the couples prize before the start?

No.

Not that I know of.

No - would not have made a difference. We entered different distances.

The race, afaik was not a sanctioned race BUT it did count towards your seeding.

Or just a guy who often rides with his wife, and likes winding us up ;) Edited by Patchelicious

Shall I add thick skinned!

Feel free to add anything you like, I wasn't racing with the missus.