Man doping

Deep down I think people that use unfair advantages to get prize money know what they are doing is wrong.

One would hope so but I think there are many out there who really can't be bothered...

MJ - out of interest did you at least manage to finish ahead of her?...  :ph34r:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One would hope so but I think there are many out there who really can't be bothered...

MJ - out of interest did you at least manage to finish ahead of her?...  :ph34r:

We entered different distances.

There used to be a time where I considered myself to be the best rider in our family.

I thought it was changing when my wife started giving me cycling advice.

I realised that it already changed when I listened to her advice.

We entered different distances.

There used to be a time where I considered myself to be the best rider in our family.

I thought it was changing when my wife started giving me cycling advice.

I realised that it already changed when I listened to her advice.

It's when your kids start advising you that you know your done for!

Ive even see ladies in some of my riding groups complain about KOM lost to couples on tandems. 

I think its time to drink more and race less.

That's entirely true. Once I realised that I was completely hopeless at all sports, I started enjoying them far more.

Then I am screwed.  :blush:

You get used to it.

Biggest annoyance for me is that my son could ride with me, fall asleep at home afterwards for an hour and he was fully recovered! Where it would take me until tomorrow!

So this is a bit off the drafting topic, but something that has been puzzling me.  At races like Karoo to Coast, riding in say B batch (so definitely not a podium contender, but you have the ability to do the race), why would a lady be ok with having a guy push her up all the hills?  Surely you would want to see what you can do on your own?

I see it too often for it to be a case of someone not feeling well, the couple having to catch a flight, or something "more reasonable" like that.

It has no impact on my race, but I do feel kinda let down by my fellow cycling sisters.

So this is a bit off the drafting topic, but something that has been puzzling me.  At races like Karoo to Coast, riding in say B batch (so definitely not a podium contender, but you have the ability to do the race), why would a lady be ok with having a guy push her up all the hills?  Surely you would want to see what you can do on your own?

I see it too often for it to be a case of someone not feeling well, the couple having to catch a flight, or something "more reasonable" like that.

It has no impact on my race, but I do feel kinda let down by my fellow cycling sisters.

This will depend if you are riding solo or as a team. If you are a non-cheating individual then of course you would like to see what you can do on your own. However, in a team it is the overall strength of the team that counts and not individual performances, in which case the stronger rider pushes/pulls/beats the slower rider in order to gain maximum effort for the team.

This will depend if you are riding solo or as a team. If you are a non-cheating individual then of course you would like to see what you can do on your own. However, in a team it is the overall strength of the team that counts and not individual performances, in which case the stronger rider pushes/pulls/beats the slower rider in order to gain maximum effort for the team.

I understand the team thing, I was specifically thinking of individual races like Karoo to Coast ...

If there is a prize for the first husband and wife finishing together I can't see that this "not drafting between different categories" would have applied to the race in question.

I get that there is an unfair advantage when drafting someone in a "stronger" category, but unless starting groups are split and its specifically prohibited in the rules, that's just part of racing, nothing stopped the OP's wife from drafting behind stronger male riders.

A logical post for once...it was not against the rules of the race, go moan with the organisers so they can clarifiy it for their next race.

I fear that you are not getting it: Having your partner there is not the issue. Having your partner stay out of it is.

I do not think you get it...there were no specific batches to start off with. I would also have rode with my wife if I was in the situation, it is a FUN ride. 

Will you have also complained if it was not a husband and wife pairing but a competitor and a lady that got away and they worked together, say I am man enough to say hey this lady and I have similar fitness ability lets share the work load?

You allege that he drafted her the whole way?! Did you then ride with them the whole way? Why not then tell them your objection to it while seeing?

Drafting is legal, pushing is not (unless its a team event and its your team mate)

A logical post for once...it was not against the rules of the race, go moan with the organisers so they can clarifiy it for their next race.

Sure buddy, you are one of the objective peoplr in this discussion. The rest are clearly sore losers whose wives should be more shrewd in their cycling tactics.

(I hope my sarcasm was strong enough to not cause confusion of where I sit on this)

My take: If you are a medal contender in any category (age/gender/handbike) you should not put yourself into a position where you derive a benefit above the rest of your contenders by riding behind someone (or getting a push from someone) in a different category.

That counts for males/females/laaities/toppies the whole lot. Beat your peers mano-a-mano.

Else you might as well dope(meds/blood/ebike).

Sure buddy, you are one of the objective peoplr in this discussion. The rest are clearly sore losers whose wives should be more shrewd in their cycling tactics.

(I hope my sarcasm was strong enough to not cause confusion of where I sit on this)

My take: If you are a medal contender in any category (age/gender/handbike) you should not put yourself into a position where you derive a benefit above the rest of your contenders by riding behind someone (or getting a push from someone) in a different category.

That counts for males/females/laaities/toppies the whole lot. Beat your peers mano-a-mano.

Else you might as well dope(meds/blood/ebike).

Drafting = doping? Don't think so. Maybe take a deep breath.