Man doping

... where some years the top women were lead out by there 'friends' and one year I lead my wife out...

I'v lead out a number of woman over my life time, mainly from bars when they have been a bit drunk....come to think of it, the only times have been from bars when they drunk :blush:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'v lead out a number of woman over my life time, mainly from bars when they have been a bit drunk....come to think of it, the only times have been from bars when they drunk :blush:

Did you get them across the finish line? ;)

Massive grey area. mixed teams - no problem. for donkey's years erik and ariane kleinhans klapped mixed team podiums with her hanging onto his jersey pocket up the hills.

BUT if she's racing individually she wouldn't be allowed to sit on his wheel.

throw lots of prize money at women's fields and temptation is there to help a little, be it malicious or not.

I look forward to meeting the 3 men who can push and pull Jeannie Dreyer (Bomford)  30 % faster than she can cycle herself.

Respect to them. :eek:

Go to knysna to chat to these guys??

http://www.visitknysna.co.za/media/k2/items/cache/8d7346542ffded93378375d0c10efb4f_XL.jpg

I look forward to meeting the 3 men who can push and pull Jeannie Dreyer (Bomford)  30 % faster than she can cycle herself.

Respect to them. :eek:

not all the AR chicks are that tough and that fast, there are a few that do tow their team mates...

It's an advantage yes, but the women still has to be friggen strong to sit the wheel(s).

Look, that I get.

But what I do not like is when a guy and a girl work together to get the girl a better result in a solo event.

Last weekend in the Cullinan mtb race I had a technical. So when I eventually got going again, I caught the leading lady about 3km from the finish line.

She tried to suck wheel but I was not going to slow down and interfere with their race. I kept my pace and she dropped off.

I did an mtb race about a year and a half ago.  I passed a lady about halfway through climbing a steep hill.  Her boyfreind/husband was pushing her all the way up the hill.  Anyway I did not see them again until prizegiving when the particular auntie in question won third in her age category and she collected a cash prize.  I thought do I say something?  I ended up saying nothing.  I suppose in a perfect world nobody would need to say anything because  she would have surrendered the prize. :wacko:

Logistically it may be impossible to police a ladies only category on an MTB race for not drafting or outside assistance.

On the road, in the elite it's another story, and this is closely monitored.

The only way, as stated earlier, is to take down a race number and report to the commissar.

I know how hard some of the ladies work to get to the sharp end of the field, and to have some dude protecting his girl out in a race using dubious tactics, is not on in my opinion.

Look, that I get.

But what I do not like is when a guy and a girl work together to get the girl a better result in a solo event.

Last weekend in the Cullinan mtb race I had a technical. So when I eventually got going again, I caught the leading lady about 3km from the finish line.

She tried to suck wheel but I was not going to slow down and interfere with their race. I kept my pace and she dropped off.

You sure you didn't yell at her "Just beat it!"?

Edited by ØÐǂƝȘȪƝ

I think they need to ban all physical contact between riders of the opposite sex during a race including pulling on pockets or any other body part, hugging, kissing, pushing with hands on the derrière, as well as frolicking and frottage.