OK, so the people they employ to represent their company is incompetent and should not be dealt with?

No, I'm saying that in times like that, if a manager cannot help me to the level that I expect, I take it higher. 

For all intents and purposes the manager did take it to Chris Jr eventually (yes, on the 3rd time, should have been the 1st or at least dealt with CoolHeat directly from the get go) but that's what I'd do. 

You're trying VERY hard to twist peoples' words here, stricker. That's both myself and G that have had to correct you on 2 very clear posts. 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come I ask you something,

Say you buy something from CWC and something goes wrongs...chat chat chat behind close doors and they don't see your point of view..

What would you do?

Ok, I'll bite a bit more:

You are not understanding me correctly.

1. When CWC have messed up in the past, they have not denied it, but engaged with the complaints on the forum( ON THE FORUM, what happened to the 100s that's not ON THE FORUM TO COMPLAIN?) it would be total conjecture to assume that there are 100's that have unresolved complaints. If you have anything to back up this statement, please provide the info. It would be interesting to see how many complaints are resolved on first contact, how many are escalated with resolution, and how many are escalated without resolution , with no attempt to usher the OP off into a private conversation like some other shops have tried to do in the past. Why would they handle this complaint differently? Cause no amount of GP 4000s would fix this as the OP is not interested in any deal, you missing the point of the take your money somewhere else, pathetic customer service that the OP actually exposed, nothing can remove those words so cant really handle it. The OP didn't want it fixed, he swore at the retailer and seemed to try and bait him into losing his cool, which he did not do (unless telling someone very politely that they can rather go shop elsewhere is deemed to be inappropriate, which in this case it did not seem inappropriate)/

2. CWC have invested much more in their online presence on this forum that a first poster, so they will be much more diligent to protect their image, and they have done so in the past by being honest when they messed up. They have also been threatened with people complaining online before( FORUM AGAIN), regular members of a forum puts a value on their and others reputations. Its not all about talking c__p all day and fooling around. I'll back someone with good standing on this forum to someone who is unknown because I know the forum member much better than the unknown. and have dealt with those threats and complaints as and when they arose. Why would they handle this complaint differently? Cause nothing they say/do can change what they said, no amount of gp4000s gona fix this Not true. The OP never disputed that they tried to rectify the situation, and there would be no benefit for the retailer to lie about the swearing bit, the OP furthermore admitted to not wanting to resurrect the transaction, but was purely here looking for some form of vindication, which backfired spectacularly.

You have 270 odd posts on the forum, making you an active member of the community. For me to gauge on how seriously I can take a complaint raised by you I will have to go into your previous posts to establish whether or not you have been reasonable and rational with previous posts. If you have been baiting and trolling for 250 of your 270 odd posts, I will probably not take your rant seriously. You missing the point ,pathetic service have nothing to do with post count, I could be the biggest droll under the sun...got nothing to do with bad service - So every situation should be judged on it merits , cant judge it because X said it....if so the ZUMA has never done anything wrong in he's life Post count and time invested does give me insight into who you are and how much salt I need to put on your comments. First-post-complainers almost always feel let down by the experience. First-post-complainers almost always disappear when the other side of the story is told. Yes there are exceptions, like the infamous Chinarello thread that even made it to Carte Blance, but these are few and far in-between.The retailer in that instance did not engage on this forum, but threatened the OP there with legal action, which tells a slightly different story to one where the retailer comes on here and provides the info from their side. Again, you can believe who you want to. I've just told you how my thought process works when I see these .first-posters pop up.

3. If your sole purpose for joining a forum is to complain about something and then drop off the face of the earth, I will probably take your comments and complaints with much more salt than if someone who is active on a forum complains. The reason is that by looking into someone's history on a forum, you can gauge whether or not they are reliable or not. OK cool

No, I'm saying that in times like that, if a manager cannot help me to the level that I expect, I take it higher. 

For all intents and purposes the manager did take it to Chris Jr eventually (yes, on the 3rd time, should have been the 1st or at least dealt with CoolHeat directly from the get go) but that's what I'd do. 

You're trying VERY hard to twist peoples' words here, stricker. That's both myself and G that have had to correct you on 2 very clear posts. 

no problem, , just don't take it to serious :thumbup:  just having a little bit of fun.

What if I ask you if they disciplined the manager for doing this awful thing? Do you think they did, or was he given a bonus?

What if I tell you that the manger actually wanted to replace the rims, but was told to say what he said( this is just make up story, not actually what happened)

Edited by Stricker

ok , so what would have happened if this particular gentleman was not on forum , didn't read forum, or as above a first time poster

I mean...he was at the shop 3 times....yes 3 times

Yes, I know. And the posting here most likely jogged Chris's memory, and he had an "Oh CRAP!" moment (we've all had those before, no?) and got him to sort it out ASAP. 

We don't know (in this case) whether the manager that Mr GP4000 dealt with (can't recall his name) spoke to CoolHeat and got a denial from them, which was then passed on to the consumer. That may have happened twice, and then on the 3rd time it was passed to Chris to handle to give the request a bit more clout. 

IMO that should have happened sooner, but again I don't know who he dealt with before and I don't know why it wasn't referred to Chris in teh first place, or if it was put to Coolheat or what. 

Fact is it was sorted, C Jr apologised profusely for the misunderstanding and oversight and gave him a new set of wheels and tires pretty much immediately. THAT is what matters. 

Yeah it probably needs to stay open until tomorrow, need somewhere to swing handbags around!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/Hartge210/handbag-o.gif

no problem, , just don't take it to serious :thumbup:  just having a little bit of fun.

What if I ask you if they disciplined the manager for doing this awful thing? Do you think they did, or was he given a bonus?

What if I tell you that the manger actually wanted to replace the rims, but was told to say what he say( this is just make up story, not actually what happened)

Why would the manager need discipline for a decision in which we don't know whether he was involved in at all? IMO all he needs to be told is to represent the client more effectively, if in fact he didn't approach coolheat at all, or be told to follow up on outstanding requests with his boss. As far as we know there was no negligence involved, and any calls for discipline are IMO off sides. 

IF the manager himself made the decision, that's a different story. Likewise if he was told to say those things by someone else, unless that was Coolheat's decision on the warranty replacement and CWC was following that line - Coolheat offers the warranty, not CWC. 

But again - all you're doing is throwing out hypotheticals, and incomplete ones at that. SHOULD a manager be allowed to make decisions against a potential denial of warranty replacement on an item, and decide by himself that the shop should replace said item out of good faith? I'd argue no. Not unless he's given explicit responsibilities related to that by the owners, and a monthly budget for that branch's replacements of items that have been denied warranty replacement by the official agents / distributors. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

These CWC threads can be solved in one post and a poll.

Simple question rather than boring us with the actual details of the complaint would be:

• CWC are perfect and any variance from perfection is a temporary deviation from their usual brilliance. They are loved by hubland, how dare you come on here and criticise them?
  • CWC brilliance is overrated, I've had bad experiences there and don't think they are as perfect as my fellow hubbers think.

No comments allowed, just vote. Every thread has the same outcome, the lovers love and the sceptics sceptic.

Disclaimer: I hold no opinion on the merits of complaints nor the veracity of the love.

• CWC are perfect and any variance from perfection is a temporary deviation from their usual brilliance. They are loved by hubland, how dare you come on here and criticise them?

I'd take it directly to Chris or Melanie instead of dealing with a manager.

Have to admit..Melanie sort out my mess...chop f'ing chop . Will give credit where credit is due. Just got my waybill now so true to her word late yesterday afternoon. Edited by Pikey

Ok, I'll bite a bit more:

You are not understanding me correctly.

1. When CWC have messed up in the past, they have not denied it, but engaged with the complaints on the forum( ON THE FORUM, what happened to the 100s that's not ON THE FORUM TO COMPLAIN?) it would be total conjecture to assume that there are 100's that have unresolved complaints. If you have anything to back up this statement, please provide the info. It would be interesting to see how many complaints are resolved on first contact, how many are escalated with resolution, and how many are escalated without resolution , with no attempt to usher the OP off into a private conversation like some other shops have tried to do in the past. Why would they handle this complaint differently? Cause no amount of GP 4000s would fix this as the OP is not interested in any deal, you missing the point of the take your money somewhere else, pathetic customer service that the OP actually exposed, nothing can remove those words so cant really handle it. The OP didn't want it fixed, he swore at the retailer and seemed to try and bait him into losing his cool, which he did not do (unless telling someone very politely that they can rather go shop elsewhere is deemed to be inappropriate, which in this case it did not seem inappropriate)/

2. CWC have invested much more in their online presence on this forum that a first poster, so they will be much more diligent to protect their image, and they have done so in the past by being honest when they messed up. They have also been threatened with people complaining online before( FORUM AGAIN), regular members of a forum puts a value on their and others reputations. Its not all about talking c__p all day and fooling around. I'll back someone with good standing on this forum to someone who is unknown because I know the forum member much better than the unknown. and have dealt with those threats and complaints as and when they arose. Why would they handle this complaint differently? Cause nothing they say/do can change what they said, no amount of gp4000s gona fix this Not true. The OP never disputed that they tried to rectify the situation, and there would be no benefit for the retailer to lie about the swearing bit, the OP furthermore admitted to not wanting to resurrect the transaction, but was purely here looking for some form of vindication, which backfired spectacularly.

You have 270 odd posts on the forum, making you an active member of the community. For me to gauge on how seriously I can take a complaint raised by you I will have to go into your previous posts to establish whether or not you have been reasonable and rational with previous posts. If you have been baiting and trolling for 250 of your 270 odd posts, I will probably not take your rant seriously. You missing the point ,pathetic service have nothing to do with post count, I could be the biggest droll under the sun...got nothing to do with bad service - So every situation should be judged on it merits , cant judge it because X said it....if so the ZUMA has never done anything wrong in he's life Post count and time invested does give me insight into who you are and how much salt I need to put on your comments. First-post-complainers almost always feel let down by the experience. First-post-complainers almost always disappear when the other side of the story is told. Yes there are exceptions, like the infamous Chinarello thread that even made it to Carte Blance, but these are few and far in-between.The retailer in that instance did not engage on this forum, but threatened the OP there with legal action, which tells a slightly different story to one where the retailer comes on here and provides the info from their side. Again, you can believe who you want to. I've just told you how my thought process works when I see these .first-posters pop up.

3. If your sole purpose for joining a forum is to complain about something and then drop off the face of the earth, I will probably take your comments and complaints with much more salt than if someone who is active on a forum complains. The reason is that by looking into someone's history on a forum, you can gauge whether or not they are reliable or not. OK cool

why green...feel like an old Chinese man reading it.