makes perfect sense if a consumer who went to the trouble to come to you would appreciate it if you get back to them; problem is when systems crash, emails and on -ine orders does not always "exist" too get back too.

anyway; still waiting patiently to see the previous correspondence... 

There are measures one could implement to make sure that all customers get a response. Furthermore, if a company has such a big sale, they should make sure that their servers are able to handle large amounts of traffic and processing. It's so simple lol

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you realistically think they will be able to respond to messages / emails/ requests on a day like Black Friday in real time? You wait 24 -72 hours for a company like Amazon to respond too you.....with a couple Billion $ and behind them. 

Just like you were chomping at the bit to go spend that 13th cheque, 5000 (probably more) other's were as well... 

Let me explain. 

1. I am new to road cycling and therefore new to the hub. I needed good deals on apparel and came to know of CWC as it appeared on my Facebook profile

2. Waited anxiously for 12am on Black Friday - for the items I wanted to appear on their online store. It didn't appear. So, my original message to them was to ask if they are updating their products one at a time. I didn't get a response. Since the product was 1/5th the price elsewhere, I sent a follow up message. Still no response. So, I sent a message telling them that I would give them a bad review. This prompted a response. However, it was only after black Friday. 

3. There were NO messages between me and Chris's personal Facebook profile before the one in the screenshot as all other correspondence with CWC was through the Facebook Page. The message from Chris was sent to me after I left a comment on one of their Facebook Posts. The comment stated that their online store sucked (I would have gladly helped them with suggestions as I did design a few ecommerce websites and they worked perfectly well). My anger was reasonable considering the fact that I didn't get what they promised. 

I didnt get a response to my email or to my Hub requests. Still like them though. Friendly hello when I visit them and lots of deals. So ja maybe give them a break....just saying... if their website crashed and things where really that hectic then maybe they just a little tense most likely not the best way to handle a customer but I can see how a bunch of people all moaning may result in some grumpiness. I can understand that. Live and let live bro. **** happens. Your chance will come for great deals...in 2-3 weeks there will probably be another sale

do you realistically think they will be able to respond to messages / emails/ requests on a day like Black Friday in real time? You wait 24 -72 hours for a company like Amazon to respond too you.....with a couple Billion $ and behind them.

Just like you were chomping at the bit to go spend that 13th cheque, 5000 (probably more) other's were as well...

I have sent them mails before, not on black friday or any other special sales day, and did not get a response at all. Sent a follow up mail amd got a response a day later.

Not complaining about it, just giving my experience.

Edited by AlanD

I didnt get a response to my email or to my Hub requests. Still like them though. Friendly hello when I visit them and lots of deals. So ja maybe give them a break....just saying... if their website crashed and things where really that hectic then maybe they just a little tense most likely not the best way to handle a customer but I can see how a bunch of people all moaning may result in some grumpiness. I can understand that. Live and let live bro. **** happens. Your chance will come for great deals...in 2-3 weeks there will probably be another sale

Let me explain. 

1. I am new to road cycling and therefore new to the hub. I needed good deals on apparel and came to know of CWC as it appeared on my Facebook profile

2. Waited anxiously for 12am on Black Friday - for the items I wanted to appear on their online store. It didn't appear. So, my original message to them was to ask if they are updating their products one at a time. I didn't get a response. Since the product was 1/5th the price elsewhere, I sent a follow up message. Still no response. So, I sent a message telling them that I would give them a bad review. This prompted a response. However, it was only after black Friday. 

3. There were NO messages between me and Chris's personal Facebook profile before the one in the screenshot as all other correspondence with CWC was through the Facebook Page. The message from Chris was sent to me after I left a comment on one of their Facebook Posts. The comment stated that their online store sucked (I would have gladly helped them with suggestions as I did design a few ecommerce websites and they worked perfectly well). My anger was reasonable considering the fact that I didn't get what they promised. 

First rule of hub club is we do not and i repeat we DO NOT talk anything negative of a certain online bike shop in south africa. I also learned this the hard way.

I sent mails to both RARU and Takealot on Black Friday and received replies within 10 mimutes.

First rule of hub club is we do not and i repeat we DO NOT talk anything negative of a certain online bike shop in south africa. I also learned this the hard way.

Just tell the truth no one is above the hub law, google results can hurt anyone.

Let me explain.

Black Friday was total chaos, they tried to help as many people as possible.. this we know as they came on here to let the guys know that they are processing as many purchases and queries as what they can.

I honestly don't think they expected the amount of traffic both online and in their stores as they did..

I reckon things are only now starting to settle.

It is possible to respond to everyone. 

Amazon serves the entire world. Even though I've never waited that long for them to respond, a delay could be expected. CWC is local and should be compared to local online stores. Takealot is prompt with responses, OneDayOnly is prompt with responses, AutoStyle Motorsport is prompt with responses and their website is brilliant. If the correct measures are put in place, it is possible to give a good online experience. 

You will also never get a message from them saying "Go shop elsewhere!" 

do you realistically think they will be able to respond to messages / emails/ requests on a day like Black Friday in real time? 

Yes. Perhaps not real time, but within an hour or two, ESPECIALLY on a day like Black Friday. They weren't geared up for it, but hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes.

If I didn't phone my item would still be sitting in a collection box at their store, because THEIR website was so broken I couldn't check out with shipping. Two emails and two hub posts that went unanswered, until I received a PM on the 30th of November asking ME to phone them. Not quite what I would call great service, to be honest.

Yes. Perhaps not real time, but within an hour or two, ESPECIALLY on a day like Black Friday. They weren't geared up for it, but hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes.

If I didn't phone my item would still be sitting in a collection box at their store, because THEIR website was so broken I couldn't check out with shipping. Two emails and two hub posts that went unanswered, until I received a PM on the 30th of November asking ME to phone them. Not quite what I would call great service, to be honest.

Ja it was definitely a mess and they will probably make some changes if they plan on running the sale again next year.

I for one would like to see Black friday sales scrapped from SA.[emoji6]

are you seriously comparing Takealot to cwc online..... ok then..... I am out. 

I sent mails to both RARU and Takealot on Black Friday and received replies within 10 mimutes.