If I did my research correctly, CWCycles uses Cloud2M as their hosting provider. 
Take a look, at their hosting plans http://www.cloud2m.com/hosting-plans/
These servers are not suitable for an online store with so much of traffic. Furthermore, its on a shared hosting account which means that other websites also use the resources of the same server. I could find 4 other websites using the same server. That explains the crashing.

Your research is wrong.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all my CWC transactions have been smooth. BUT I will not forget that they were finding a way and still do through specials to give us global pricing parity at times when everybody else in the industry was getting greedy and one or two niggles haven't exhausted the goodwill reserves with me.

My advice for next year: List 10 popular items for their Black Friday special with limited quantities and use the resources to process those orders. Then they won't have to deal with this "I requested a spare bracket for a dynamo light for my 1978 Western Flyer and after 18 minutes nobody has called me to say how they will source this item and sell it a loss to me" stuff on a super busy day.

I had a basket with several items that I couldn't pay for on Black Friday at CWC. Yes it pissed me off. Yes I bought from overseas. That is my right. I have also bought from CWC many times before and will again. Nothing in life is absolute black and white. Coming here to seek a solution is good. Just venting without adding anything is best reserved for your wife or your budies around the braai. What is your practical solution?

Good old MY RIGHTS! Black Friday is quite new and rather exceptional in SA. Any bargain should be regarded as good fortune. To demand usual service in unusual times is just a little silly in my opinion. Going straight to "I'll give you a bad review unless you sort me out right now" on said Black Friday smacks of silly AND self entitled.

Good old MY RIGHTS! Black Friday is quite new and rather exceptional in SA. Any bargain should be regarded as good fortune. To demand usual service in unusual times is just a little silly in my opinion. Going straight to "I'll give you a bad review unless you sort me out right now" on said Black Friday smacks of silly AND self entitled.

Thats SA for you - nobody gives a rats ass about anyone but themselves

I have sent them mails before, not on black friday or any other special sales day, and did not get a response at all. Sent a follow up mail amd got a response a day later.

Not complaining about it, just giving my experience.

My Black Friday order hadn't arrived yet by yesterday, so I sent them a mail.

I got a response within 6 minutes that it will be processed and dispatched tomorrow.

I've had a few encounters with CWC before where I've bought items that they didn't have in stock, and been offered something else but they've never been delivered nor have they been credited, but hey, win some, lose some.

They SHOULD ALWAYS make good as they've charged for something, but it's often not worth the fight

Edited by King_Crispy

the solution...more black fridays to ease the traffic and increase turnover ;)

they must be doing something right if business is booming that they can tell customers to piss off.

customers in SA are suckers...they have got use to sitting in long ques...ripped off with pricing and *** service from everywhere...bend over hold your ankles and and take it like a man...cwc doesnt need your business...they would have responded to this thread by now if they did.

edit...you might have to wait a while they are still busy packing orders and counting cash :)

Edited by isetech

do you realistically think they will be able to respond to messages / emails/ requests on a day like Black Friday in real time? You wait 24 -72 hours for a company like Amazon to respond too you.....with a couple Billion $ and behind them. 

Just like you were chomping at the bit to go spend that 13th cheque, 5000 (probably more) other's were as well... 

Hang on just one minute here....

Did you just make mention of a 13th cheque :o , and that 5000 (probably more) know about this occurrence?

Where did I go wrong? Oh where? whaaaaaahhhhhh....  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  Clearly I am not one of the 5000 ( they must be the 1%, and therefor I am part of the 99%)

I feel you pain Robbie; my 13th cheques are as allusive as the 13th floor in a high rise! I also stand at races looking at everyone around me  with R100k plus rigs (and I decidedly stand at the back of the start grid) wondering "was it because I didn't work hard enough at math at school".....

Hang on just one minute here....

Did you just make mention of a 13th cheque :o , and that 5000 (probably more) know about this occurrence?

Where did I go wrong? Oh where? whaaaaaahhhhhh....  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  Clearly I am not one of the 5000 ( they must be the 1%, and therefor I am part of the 99%)

If I did my research correctly, CWCycles uses Cloud2M as their hosting provider. 
Take a look, at their hosting plans http://www.cloud2m.com/hosting-plans/
These servers are not suitable for an online store with so much of traffic. Furthermore, its on a shared hosting account which means that other websites also use the resources of the same server. I could find 4 other websites using the same server. That explains the crashing.

Lorem ipsum. Ipsum ipsum Lorem ipsum lorem lorem. Lorem lorem lorem ipsum lorem.

Clearly, they are using a woldclass hosting provider.

Or your "research" needs some tweaking...