Lorem ipsum. Ipsum ipsum Lorem ipsum lorem lorem. Lorem lorem lorem ipsum lorem.

Clearly, they are using a woldclass hosting provider.

Or your "research" needs some tweaking...

Nobody bothered checking the site before it went live....!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 times out of 10 the client is right. period

False.

If you are a manager and you believe that, I feel sorry for the people under your management.

If you work for yourself and your believe that, I feel bad for your bottom line.

Sometimes customers have expectations that you simply can't meet.

so you have never been sworn at?

or your staff has never been subject to the racist rants of a self entitled client?

False.

If you are a manager and you believe that, I feel sorry for the people under your management.

If you work for yourself and your believe that, I feel bad for your bottom line.

I was told a while ago by an LBS owner that there are those customers that are never happy no matter how hard you try and it's best to ask them to shop elsewhere no matter how hard it is to lose the revenue .... for your sake and theirs  :ph34r:

Don't blame them. Saying anything nasty about CWC is effectively committing Hubicide!

Perhaps, but if the self-preserving OP would like to dangle his "research skills" on the interweb, and fail miserably in the process, then perhaps his rant is a tad misplaced.

Take his comment on CWC's hosting service for example. According to him, they are hosted by a group called http://www.cloud2m.com/hosting-plans/

This is what I found, and it took me 5 minutes, 4.5 of which were spent reading.

http://www.rogerwilco.co.za/blogs/cwc-online-35th-birthday-campaign

are you seriously comparing Takealot to cwc online..... ok then..... I am out. 

IF CWC wants to brand themselves as an online store then they need to compare themselves to Takealot and Amazon and Ebay etc

The fact is when you play in the online space then there are no boundaries or concept of local is lekker

so either compete online or forgo an online store

simple internet shopping theory of competion

Let me explain. 

1. I am new to road cycling and therefore new to the hub. I needed good deals on apparel and came to know of CWC as it appeared on my Facebook profile

2. Waited anxiously for 12am on Black Friday - for the items I wanted to appear on their online store. It didn't appear. So, my original message to them was to ask if they are updating their products one at a time. I didn't get a response. Since the product was 1/5th the price elsewhere, I sent a follow up message. Still no response. So, I sent a message telling them that I would give them a bad review. This prompted a response. However, it was only after black Friday. 

3. There were NO messages between me and Chris's personal Facebook profile before the one in the screenshot as all other correspondence with CWC was through the Facebook Page. The message from Chris was sent to me after I left a comment on one of their Facebook Posts. The comment stated that their online store sucked (I would have gladly helped them with suggestions as I did design a few ecommerce websites and they worked perfectly well). My anger was reasonable considering the fact that I didn't get what they promised. 

I am not slamming you either as previous responses but, you had to have said something to provoke a response like that.  I might agree that retailers are under extreme pressure during Black Friday and Christmas time, however that does not mean that they can throw away clients especially new clients.  In your 1st point you said you would give them a bad review, this is a typical consumer issue, when they do not get there way immediately, they seem to throw their toys out of the cot and stamp their feet like an angry child.  You would not even get a response from Checkers on a day like that, as they are so busy that they need all hands on deck.  My advice is, if you don't get a response go down to the shop.  If you don't live near there then go elsewhere, but you will never get a response on a day like Black Friday 

The defence is real up in here

1. The customer is always right, even when they not. I also worked retail, bla bla bla. Deal with them right, then swear and joke behind their back rather like a normal person.

2. Its reallly stupid to say "shop elsewhere" on social media, especially with no context

3. This general attitude of putting down people that take on hub favourites is alienating

4. I had a really bad experience at CWC, particularly the service department. Everyone has their off days. I still choose to use them with their good specials, but never for anything else

IF CWC wants to brand themselves as an online store then they need to compare themselves to Takealot and Amazon and Ebay etc

The fact is when you play in the online space then there are no boundaries or concept of local is lekker

so either compete online or forgo an online store

simple internet shopping theory of competion

I was told a while ago by an LBS owner that there are those customers that are never happy no matter how hard you try and it's best to ask them to shop elsewhere no matter how hard it is to lose the revenue .... for your sake and theirs  :ph34r:

As a famed hubber would say: "The customer is always right...until it starts costing you money."

Perhaps, but if the self-preserving OP would like to dangle his "research skills" on the interweb, and fail miserably in the process, then perhaps his rant is a tad misplaced.

Take his comment on CWC's hosting service for example. According to him, they are hosted by a group called http://www.cloud2m.com/hosting-plans/

This is what I found, and it took me 5 minutes, 4.5 of which were spent reading.

http://www.rogerwilco.co.za/blogs/cwc-online-35th-birthday-campaign

under the za registry their registrar is named as cloud2m:

1a. domain : cwcycles.co.za

1b. action :

1c. Registrar : Cloud2M

2a. registrant : Chris Willemse Cycles Online

2b. registrantpostaladdress: Cnr of Bill Bezuidenhout and Sportica Str, Gihon Building, Bellville,-, , , --

2c. registrantstreetaddress:

2d. amount :

2e. paymenttype :

2f. billingaccount :

2g. billingemail :

2i. invoiceaddress :

2j. registrantphone : +27.219147528

2k. registrantfax : +27.219147548

2l. registrantemail : info@cwcycles.co.za

if you then go do a bit of digging on their host address "ns1.host-global.net" you will see its the host of cloud2m.

RW is more a marketing company then a host.

If you dig deeper you will see the IP falls under hetzner in joburg:

http://www.tcpiputils.com/browse/ip-address/197.189.240.42

False.

Well said.  :clap:

NO ! Often misguided and ill informed , for your statement I'll give you a 6 out of 10 .

Edited by Clinton H

Good old MY RIGHTS! Black Friday is quite new and rather exceptional in SA. Any bargain should be regarded as good fortune. To demand usual service in unusual times is just a little silly in my opinion. Going straight to "I'll give you a bad review unless you sort me out right now" on said Black Friday smacks of silly AND self entitled.

Get out of here with such logic and sensibility - this is thehub man! We dont play by those rules.

GOSHDARNIT

I am not exactly a fan of CWC and I have shared many heated discussions over the years with them...BUT

In this case, OP - you behaved like a douche with threatening them.