Power Meters?

UltraRunner_ZA

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Powertap GS Hub is on sale for 6999 and retails at 14k.

Seems like a good deal?

Is this a reliable power meter and good quality?

Seems like a good deal?

Very much so, bear in mind you would need to get your rear wheel rebuilt around it but out of the options it would probably be the one I would pick.

Seems like a good deal?

Yes PowerTap have been around for the better past of 17 years and the new G3 / GS hubs all come with a 2 year warranty, dual ANT+ & BLE caps and industry leading accuracy. Possibly the most accurate system on the market at the moment. 

Very much so, bear in mind you would need to get your rear wheel rebuilt around it but out of the options it would probably be the one I would pick.

Wheel build labor is R450.00 while spokes are R25.00 each,

Total cost will be R1050.00 + R6 995.00 = R8 045.00 

Keep in mind the GS is only 24 spokes.

Seems like a good deal?

Very good, just check the spoke count.

Getting a power meter with local backup is essential. So far Bicycle Power is 10/10 for that!

Understanding the power data and interpreting/analyzing this data is another topic all together.

Just starting with power and its confusing to conclude much from all the data. I'm not always pushing myself to the limits every single pedal stroke so difficult to compare...

Need to read up on a few ebooks. Using this at the moment software at the moment (free)

https://strivemax.com

I guess not extreme analysis, but it does give me an idea of how my training affects performance... 

Getting a power meter with local backup is essential. So far Bicycle Power is 10/10 for that!

Understanding the power data and interpreting/analyzing this data is another topic all together.

Just starting with power and its confusing to conclude much from all the data. I'm not always pushing myself to the limits every single pedal stroke so difficult to compare...

Need to read up on a few ebooks. Using this at the moment software at the moment (free)

https://strivemax.com

I guess not extreme analysis, but it does give me an idea of how my training affects performance... 

Try Golden Cheetah, will overload your analysis to the max (free too) http://www.goldencheetah.org/

Very attractive option, more so when you have 2 bikes. Much easier to swap wheels instead of a crank arm.

Tempting, but not so keen to tamper with carbon wheels that are still under warranty for another 10 months.

I have been following these guys and waiting patiently for the single ring MTB crank to come on board.

Seriously good value

teamzwatt.com/join/faq/

That is really tempting...