Post Your TREK

Kalahari Vegmot

I am thinking about purchasing a Top Fuel 9.8 SL.  Anybody here riding one?  I would love some feedback.

Not personally riding one, I have a Fuel EX 9.8. But they say the Top Fuel is amazing.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about purchasing a Top Fuel 9.8 SL.  Anybody here riding one?  I would love some feedback.

2019 models are launching soon.....

I bought my Top Fuel 9.8 SL from the guys at The Gear Change.

Great marathon and cross country bike and best thing I have ever ridden for climbing.

I also managed to get the weight of mine down to around 10 KG.

It is an amazing bike and have had Spez, Santa Cruz,and a Scott before this. Did a small upgrade and added a dropper and replaced the front tire with a Team Issue XR 2 and it make a difference. 

A very comfortable fast bike and the rear suspension really works as it says. Also very fast in singles. Despite only having a Fox 100mm up front it does not feel sketchy at all on fast singles and actually allows you to push harder, if that makes any sense. You wont regret it but try a test bike as we are all different.  

• 4 months later...

Bike is almost complete, just need to get a carbon front hoop then I’ll be done. And possibly a dropper at some point, if I find one light and cheap enough...

GX Cassette is just on for training.

0766d3d3b081ea15ecb8da7ef576a8df.jpg

Edited by Dean9406

post-136415-0-88579600-1542713929_thumb.jpgI recently acquired my TREK brand new second hand after riding a V brake hardtail entry level Axis...now my trusty Axis took me on quite a few journeys and I must admit I was none the wiser as to suspension...disc brakes...1 by systems , only being used to a 2 by 7sp as I "modified" the Axis...

THEN enters the TREK...1X11...hydraulic discs all round...dropper post slick gear changes...tubeless...AND...well ..Its an absolute dream to ride....I rode dirt bike WAAYY back in my youth , having owned a IT175 and NOW...this TREK is taking me back down memory lane and a whole LOTTA FUN!!!

• 6 months later...

My roadie life i could post my collection of Campy equipped COLNAGO's but i'll leave that for for the COLNAGO thread.

My TREK journey started with my first TREK 100 Superfly in 2012 which went through lots of upgrades, ending in a kick ass spec'd bike which i loved riding. This ended with a small mishap at modders where i cracked the frame on the seat tube just above where the FD was once mounted.

post-2304-0-79638200-1559206192_thumb.jpg

And this is why i love the TREK brand, I did a warranty claim and TREK replaced it with the 2019 TOP FUEL, no questions or hassles. They really practice what they preach when it comes to lifetime warranty, and the reason why i will only ride TREK MTB's

post-2304-0-65470300-1559206412_thumb.jpg

And of course, when i migrated from 26er to 29er, I was about to donate all my 26er parts but then came across this 26er TREK 9.8 HT NOS frame set at a LBS which i got for next to nothing. the biggest challenge was getting the correct BB which i had to import from the states. I went 1 X 10 with a KALBO conversion.

post-2304-0-76881400-1559206723_thumb.jpg