Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/6/2022 at 7:15 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

a bit of feedback on Mywhoosh, I updated the app last night and boy, they made lots of progress, my laptop, 8GB ram and no dedicated graphics card could run it, it started up much quicker and I just spectated a race last night and everything seemed much faster, will give it a proper whirl soon.

Here is a quick video done with Mywhoosh, no sound, just something quickly thrown together.

https://youtu.be/kmCJliBiIs4

Edited by Dexter-morgan

I recently joined. Just finished 25km free trail Friday. Did my ftp also. I'm using a saris m2 that I got from here second hamd. I'm using a cheap Chinese brand slick Tyre I installed on mtd rims I got a few years ago. In the beginning it was odd to use the setup. Speed and power felt wrong. Then i played with the power factor setting. And ended up at 100% aka max power. And it works good for me. It's not the same as riding outside. But what is does do is get me to push harder. Because I'm very very competitive. So in that sense I works well for me. Because I stay 30km out of pta Nad not clubs or any tracks close to me. And if you just ride on your own. You don't push yourself vs riding in a group. U got it to cast to my TV via a cheap cast device. Since TV box to laggy. It works good enough. It take getting used to. And I will still rather do outside. Also my  tab s5e is ant compatible so I can add all my garmin sensors. 

Edited by Theunissa

2 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

My apologies, will start a new thread.

Don’t worry, I posted “where my bike took me” on this thread 😊

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Seems like a nice budget smart bike. Rather than the somewhat ridiculous KickR bike. Hopefully this is the first of many.

https://expressfitness.co.za/product/magene-mg70-smart-spinning-bike/

Far from a smart bike - I cannot see the masses adopting a spinbike when everyone trying everything to replicate real riding experience with rockerplates etc etc.

Spinning is not Zwifting and Zwifting is not spinning

Not sure how well this bike would work with Zwift or similar, when just riding around. It seems to have electronic resistance control, but not virtual gears?

It could work well for workouts, but I'd definitely want to read a few trusted reviews

5 minutes ago, HdB said:

Not sure how well this bike would work with Zwift or similar, when just riding around. It seems to have electronic resistance control, but not virtual gears?

It could work well for workouts, but I'd definitely want to read a few trusted reviews

Well spotted : "fixed gear" in the specs

Yes indeed.

So it's basically a spinning bike with a power meter.

I looked at a youtube review and it also appears to have been made from tin foil and 2nd hand cardboard boxes. Apologies for wasting everyone's time.

As you were.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

12 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Well spotted : "fixed gear" in the specs

When you do workouts, you stay in one gear anyways, I hardly use indoor riding for freeriding or races, for R14k it might be an answer depending on the quality.