Anyone using Zwift?

Not sure why it does that ....

But can confirm that Zwift work on my Win7 setup.  So at least you know it should work ...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I did an FTP test on Zwift today and I see that Zwift has given me an FTP watt number but the one that I see in Garmin Connect from the same activity is about 60w higher, what am I not understanding?

Hi all, I hope there is someone that might be able to help.

I Installed Zwift on my laptop its an i7 woth 8gb Ram.

But the problem is when I click on lets go after username and pssword the program closes itself after about 5seconds. It never gets to the trainer pair screen ect.

Anyone that had this problem before and how it can be fixed?

Note, all updates are done on laptop

I had a similar issue on my work machine which prompted me to by my own computer for cycling apps. I think your problem might be .net framework related. Try going in to Windows Features and untick .net framework 3.5 I'm assuming you have 4.8 installed. 

I know it's not supposed to be this complicated. 

So I did an FTP test on Zwift today and I see that Zwift has given me an FTP watt number but the one that I see in Garmin Connect from the same activity is about 60w higher, what am I not understanding?

Ignore the Garmin one. Stick to the Zwift one. Their algorithms are different. 

Do you have a smart trainer or are you using a dumb trainer c/w power meter on a crank etc?

Just putting this out there

I run both TR Beta & Zwift off Win10 laptop, cast wirelessly to HD TV, Trainer connects through Ant+ to the laptop. I use Iphone 6 plus for music and Zwift companion app on the trainer

the laptop is my work laptop I work from home office so i'm always connected to work via VPN

Used to have lots of connections issues with both apps not doing what they supposed to - companion app would alos never connect - spent many hours trying to get things to work properly

The problem ended up being the VPN connection - when i disconnected my VPN and worked on Wifi locally all my problems went away - So if you having issues and you work on VPN make sure its disconnected when using the training apps

Ignore the Garmin one. Stick to the Zwift one. Their algorithms are different.

Do you have a smart trainer or are you using a dumb trainer c/w power meter on a crank etc?

It’s a smart trainer

Garmin is always over estimating my FTP. I’ve tried before to align to the numbers and then have spend the next few weeks failing my workouts.

For me, the best way for me to do a FTP is 30min slow free ride in Zwift and then into a Zwift Crit Race of 8 laps. Works every time!! I then take 95% of my 20min Power Average of the Race.

As a reference. Garmin on average about 5% higher than what I feel is my real FTP.

Garmin is always over estimating my FTP. I’ve tried before to align to the numbers and then have spend the next few weeks failing my workouts.

For me, the best way for me to do a FTP is 30min slow free ride in Zwift and then into a Zwift Crit Race of 8 laps. Works every time!! I then take 95% of my 20min Power Average of the Race.

As a reference. Garmin on average about 5% higher than what I feel is my real FTP.

the Tempus TT's also work very well for FTP as the gradients are alot more consistent when compared to the crit routes. for some of us average riders the TT course takes +/- 22-26 minutes so its ideal.

the Tempus TT's also work very well for FTP as the gradients are alot more consistent when compared to the crit routes. for some of us average riders the TT course takes +/- 22-26 minutes so its ideal.

Will give that a try, thanks. I like to chase so the Crit’s are great.

b60137f07f0dcea48a75cbd8a4307b3e.jpg

a988b03096d1dc9ae621f24253039021.jpg

d8aa2f2a7f216edef6e338293e51a9aa.jpg

3f7dbdb56736cd133a5c8c6996d2f160.jpg

57b1792167ef86c5601c46d0ffbd2433.jpg

8143cda1fafd44a412478c54cbd19786.jpg

fd72adf64364eb51d563986d639c5396.jpg

Last piece of the build completed. Zwift in ULTRA 4K and pegged @ 60FPS. Just awesome.

Unfortunately my Sony TV is the limiting factor at 60Hz so nothing more I can do. GPU will easily run at 120FPS but waaaay to much screen tearing. Improvements would require a gaming monitor and with ZWIFT’s current code limitations not worth it.

Just putting this out there

I run both TR Beta & Zwift off Win10 laptop, cast wirelessly to HD TV, Trainer connects through Ant+ to the laptop. I use Iphone 6 plus for music and Zwift companion app on the trainer

the laptop is my work laptop I work from home office so i'm always connected to work via VPN

Used to have lots of connections issues with both apps not doing what they supposed to - companion app would alos never connect - spent many hours trying to get things to work properly

The problem ended up being the VPN connection - when i disconnected my VPN and worked on Wifi locally all my problems went away - So if you having issues and you work on VPN make sure its disconnected when using the training apps

Yes!  Companion app and Zwift need to be on the same network.  Even though you are on the same 'home network' VPN will change your gateways and stuff on the laptop.  This will break things.

Second that. Those crits races are brutal. 

Second that. Those crits races are brutal. 

Uhm ja ....  :eek:

I logged in for a "casual slow ride" with the SPUR MTB group on Zwift.  In my Noobness I selected the wrong group, did not even consider there might be two different "rides" starting at the exact same time on the exact same course .....  :ph34r:

So while I get out of the saddle, spin up the trainer, and select my gears the bunch is GONE !!  :eek:   :ph34r:

Not sure if I managed half a lap before I got LAPPED ..... Okay, so let's wind it up a bit and try to slip stream the last group lapping me .... yeah right ....  :wacko:

those crit races ARE BRUTAL !!!

Anyone ever suffer from a trainer malfunction in the form of overheating? 

https://zwiftinsider.com/ask-eric-2/

I know I've suffered from it a few times and that discounts me for any real climbing in a ride. Interesting that he notes one should turn the trainer difficulty down to at least 50%. I leave mine on 100%, but I should try this out. So far from getting the Concept bike still, need to get more climbing in. 

One way around this is to pick Road to Sky etc. but do a 90-120min workout instead of a free ride. That way the trainer isn't punished and you get the workout+climbing. 

Anyone ever suffer from a trainer malfunction in the form of overheating?

https://zwiftinsider.com/ask-eric-2/

I know I've suffered from it a few times and that discounts me for any real climbing in a ride. Interesting that he notes one should turn the trainer difficulty down to at least 50%. I leave mine on 100%, but I should try this out. So far from getting the Concept bike still, need to get more climbing in.

One way around this is to pick Road to Sky etc. but do a 90-120min workout instead of a free ride. That way the trainer isn't punished and you get the workout+climbing.

Jup, I had to point a fan at my trainer if I knew I was doing the Alpe, otherwise it would let go of the resistance after a while to protect itself.

So, now I just have the 'difficuly' at 50%, which allows me to use a gear that keeps the trainer flywheel speed higher at the same cadence.

Cost of a new trainer > ego of MUST BE 100% ????