USN #2 modderfontein mudfest

LONE TWO

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope you guys bring your swimming costumes, if it carries on like this there will be serious mud

I have some photos of when we have ridden with water up to our waist in the river sections before. Nephew almost lost his bike in the overflowing river as well

It's called Modderfontein for a reason :) but it also drains very quickly. The low lying pieces by the rivers will be muddy, but the rest should be rideable.

The people setting the course will (hopefully) try to make sure that all the participants don't have to plough through the soft and muddy sections, and kill the trails in the process!

Weather forecasting .... I just wait till closer to the time and then have a look with my own eyes!

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

As Robin Williams said in Good Morning Viet Nam - you want a weather report - Open a Window !!

Anyone else think the USN race this weekend will be a mud fest if this rain carries gone?

I dont think.

I KNOW.

I rode there on sat and it was muddy in sections without rain for a week... if that's anything to go by, it will def be muddy as anything.. you could see large patches that had dried up but after this week of rain those large patches will def be muddy again.. good luck to those taking it on.

Yea Im thinking if its still raining on Friday im not going to go. My bike took a beating at Avianto with all that mud and don't feel like going through that again.

Holding thumbs it stops soon

Proppa mud at this rate,

race renamed to Modderfontein

No need to change it... the name as always said enough and with more impact. "mudderfontein" sounds like you are posh-sugar coating it... :lol:

Its not chocolate frosting that's for sure!

Edited by s14phoenix

We went to Modders 2 weeks ago, which was about 2-3 days after some rain and still it was proper muddy at some sections. The ground there is so saturated already and with the rain this week, it will undoubtedly be muddy... makes for some good fun though  :D