[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge

Events Bot

Agree, no disrespect to the event but it's not exactly a once in a lifetime opportunity, There will be other races this year that use the same trails in the area. Spur and Burger MTB races comes to mind.

Save your knee for next week

Still a fun race, but agree you do get a lot of dejavu feelings on the route 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a VERY enjoyable day out with the family. Well organised and friendliness all around. Looking forward to tomorrows race.

Wow! the 30k today was blissful. Despite only getting 4 hours of sleep and way too much brandy I managed 8th place. The trails are perfect and I am amped for the 55k tomorrow although I will tackle it with a fun ride mentality, not racing like I did toady. 

Hopefully this link works : https://www.strava.com/activities/886764189 

post-38519-0-93730800-1488646367_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-91730200-1488646374_thumb.jpg

For some reason I could not get the strava link to work. Must say the organisation and routes were really top notch, so excited for tomorrow. congrats on your race position

checked the route now and compared to last year there is quiet a bit of changes (or they just really over simplified the map)

Everyone else enjoyed the race as much as I did ? such a nice route (compliments to all involved). And the weather played along, all though a bit less dust would have been great as around 23km in there was a descent with some serious ruts in the road and with all the dust it became difficult to spot the safe line.

But bottom line, so glad to have been able to participate

Did support riding for both days... Learned few things

Tubes apparentley multiply if thrown away and left to grow

No need to test you tools before a race, they will just work on your bike

A quick ride around the block after changing components is enough to test it before long race

Removable valve cores are the bees knees, they never unscrew

------------

The back markers on 55km was really suffering at the end... Wish there were some more food at waterpoints as those guys really needed some :-)

All and all very nice event, def do again!

Edited by Karman de Lange

Look it was a great event and 1 I tick off on my calendar every year, but I was very disappointed on a couple of areas:

* Only 1 water point had some watermelon and bananas, the rest had no food.

* The lucky draws was finished wayyyyy before me or any of my colleagues finished

* The food stalls closed early and we could'nt buy food after the event

Luckily the beers were still available :-)

It's a pity, cause this is really a great event with a great route.

Edited by Mufasa69

Enjoyed the 55 today. Loved the exposed singletrack that runs along the hillsides - think its the first 30km. The powder made for a scare or two but today i luckily didnt run out of talent too badly :) I found the waterpoints quite basic but have learnt to rather pack my own goodies these days. Will do this event again next year. Please book the cooler weather as well, it made for a much more pleasurable outing.

Edited by Ferro

From 8/470 on the 30K to 241/993 I did enjoy today. But I did it as a funride, not a race. Way more dust today than yesterday although considering the volume of wheels that went over those roads in the last 24 hours that made sense.

The Shiraz / Cabernet at Delheim was an absolute highlight. I hope many more of you stopped to taste some of their incredible wines. 

Thanks to Meurant and the Dirtopia crew for the pristine trials today.

post-38519-0-85351700-1488733382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rouxenator