Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

But more importantly, we discovered this new form of recreation is just as low impact as a traditional mountain bike and has the ability to create many more advocates for trails and the protection of public lands.

CMeagher_170821_0599-1-1024x686.jpg

E-bikes are not just another passing fad; they are here to stay and will change the face of outdoor recreation. The better we understand what e-bikes are, the better we can integrate them into the existing trail networks

https://reviews.mtbr.com/understanding-e-bikes-in-downieville-and-the-lost-sierra

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But more importantly, we discovered this new form of recreation is just as low impact as a traditional mountain bike and has the ability to create many more advocates for trails and the protection of public lands.

CMeagher_170821_0599-1-1024x686.jpg

E-bikes are not just another passing fad; they are here to stay and will change the face of outdoor recreation. The better we understand what e-bikes are, the better we can integrate them into the existing trail networks

https://reviews.mtbr.com/understanding-e-bikes-in-downieville-and-the-lost-sierra

you should have used this pic ... it is far more awesome

IMG_9437-1024x683.jpg

Was chatting to my mate this morning. He was out in his ebike last night on a particularly unpleasant little hill in the forest nearby. His speed going up the hill last night was the same as my speed coming down a couple of weeks ago [emoji23]. He did, however, manage to get in a bunch of runs down the trail when I am lucky to get two in an afternoon. All joking aside, there is an enjoyment factor there, although he is not as fit as me, when he has traditionally been the fitter of the two of us.

you should have used this pic ... it is far more awesome

IMG_9437-1024x683.jpg

Just looking at that the saddle height in this photo makes my knees hurt..

He discovered the dropper lever and couldn't figure out how to raise it again.

This is the next level - not an e-bike, neither a motorcrosser... but also both. 

Twist the throttle and you can pedal-assist 80km/h up that hill hey....  :angry:

https://electrek.co/2019/09/06/ubco-frx1-electric-trail-bike-50-mph/

"The UBCO FRX1 is an electric two-wheeler with functional pedals and a pedal assist system. Technically speaking, that makes it an electric bicycle. But only technically."

Right.... Wonder what trail managers will say about a 50kg e-bike tearing up their trails.

post-45680-0-73764400-1568125761_thumb.jpg

Edited by wiledog_x

Nope. Has a throttle. So while it's still technically an electric bicycle, you don't need to pedal to engage teh motor. So it's not an eMTB or eBike.

Tomato, tomato - either way should be on the mx track, not on the trails where proper cyclists ride

Perhaps like Allan Hatherly in eBikes we will see the world MXGP champion Tim Gasjer take part in the something similar. 

Tomato, tomato - either way should be on the mx track, not on the trails where proper cyclists ride

In your opinion. You're wrong, but that's your bag, not ours. eBikes are here to stay, whether you like it or not. Best get used to it. There's just been a massive change in how the US trail managers / advocates see them, and it's only going too get better. As long as they have separate classes if they're allowed in a race. 

Who WOULDN'T want to get more laps in at your local trail park / centre with the same effort / time? It's a no brainer. 

In your opinion. You're wrong, but that's your bag, not ours. eBikes are here to stay, whether you like it or not. Best get used to it. There's just been a massive change in how the US trail managers / advocates see them, and it's only going too get better. As long as they have separate classes if they're allowed in a race. 

Who WOULDN'T want to get more laps in at your local trail park / centre with the same effort / time? It's a no brainer. 

Dude, you know I am in the market for a Motorbike. Wife is not too happy, she reckons I can rather get an ebike, LOL!

Sorry boss - I just can’t resist trolling this thread. Okes get so worked up about it. Ride what you like, where you like. I don’t care. Just don’t ride in a race against cyclists

97e55c8ff87431cc81fc4df13f0f8222.jpg

Sorry boss - I just can’t resist trolling this thread. Okes get so worked up about it. Ride what you like, where you like. I don’t care. Just don’t ride in a race against cyclists

Careful, Myles gets eTriggered by all this Eggression ????????

Edit: Oh crap, I said egg, now the vEgans are going to get Emotional

Edited by Patchelicious

Dude its so difficult to tell nowadays, now that I know how stupid people can be. ????