Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

Thought these bikes only helped till 25kph?

Extract “Bike power was maxed out at 250 watts and motors stopped assisting racers at 25mph. Competitors hit the 6km course for four laps and about a hour of racing. Battery changes or charges were not permitted.”

So everything above that was pure Alan !!

Edited by WrightJnr

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon we will have handicapped racing I. E. Adding weight to bikes during races...

Extract “Bike power was maxed out at 250 watts and motors stopped assisting racers at 25mph. Competitors hit the 6km course for four laps and about a hour of racing. Battery changes or charges were not permitted.”

So everything above that was pure Alan !!

I thinks it's daft but it is a refreshing change seeing thin guys on fat bikes instead of fat guys on thin bikes.

74d5ab0677f918458a7705fe746e3c3f.jpg

BOOM. Done. Some more rainbow [emoji304] stripes for the young man.

Not taking anything away from him, this just feels like all those "also ran" F1 drivers killing in in Formula E.........

Not taking anything away from him, this just feels like all those "also ran" F1 drivers killing in in Formula E.........

I hear you. But also could have been a smart move. He probably knows he can’t be WC in the Elite class this year and this was a good way to keep his profile and motivation up in the public eye as he prepares for the next few years.

Also representing Spez well after what has been a shocking year for them.

I hear you. But also could have been a smart move. He probably knows he can’t be WC in the Elite class this year and this was a good way to keep his profile and motivation up in the public eye as he prepares for the next few years.

Also representing Spez well after what has been a shocking year for them.

I think Bruni has at least flown the Spaz flag high!

So I joined the e-bike trend yesterday by buying a new bike, I now understand what the fuss is about. It’s a similar feeling when I changed from road to MTB.

It is an amazing ride and found I still used the same energy, just went way further.

I know this is not for everyone but if you haven’t tried it, go for it, it will not disappoint.

So I joined the e-bike trend yesterday by buying a new bike, I now understand what the fuss is about. It’s a similar feeling when I changed from road to MTB.

It is an amazing ride and found I still used the same energy, just went way further.

I know this is not for everyone but if you haven’t tried it, go for it, it will not disappoint.

I'm getting there Rob; can you disclose; what did you buy, why and how much?

I'm getting there Rob; can you disclose; what did you buy, why and how much?

Hi - A Scott eride 920 (at the CycleLab sale). I paid more than my wife thought you would pay for any bike but she does not ride!!!

Why - been riding for more than 20 years and done many many races (mainly road but also MTB) but now I want to enjoy cycling, find new trail and do it for the love of cycling. I still have my road and MTB bike but this bike is to enjoy cycling without taking it too seriously.

Congratulations !!

May you have miles of smiles.

Remember when we got 29'er specific saddles ?

Well, here we go!

p5pb17702094.jpg

It would appear then we should also soon be seeing 12" e-bikes ... you have to just shake your head!

c95545d62b2310949ed14fa99744f388.jpg