[Event] Eselfontein MTB (3Day Stage Race) Festival

Eselfontein

so they DNF'd me for stage 2 - whaaaaat ? There job is to make sure they take your time when you finish how can they DNF me - will email them and hopefully fix it - was to hard to have a DNF result no way 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning to all of you !!!

Thank you for all the feedback and compliments and suggestions and  advice.

Firstly i would like to apologize to the guests that i have redirected to park the vehicles and  then carry their camping stuff, lucky not to many off you, but that was the camping with tent rules we made, as to last years experience, but then there was so many "very unhappy, very difficult" guests that we decided to leave everyone to their own decisions. But on the end i just hoped everyone had a camping spot and a good camping weekend.

I have already emailed EntryNinja and told then about the DNF situation. Hopefully they will sort this out with you.

If you missed out on buying a t-shirt, you can email me and we can do a online shopping thing.

We will definitely see if we can work on some free t-shirts for next year.

All my vendors from Cape Town was late on Friday, i am truly sorry. Will make sure everyone is here before all guests arrive for 2018.

The Eselfontein MTB Foundation committee will  have a meeting soon and i will email all entrants with feedback.

But from my side, all i can say is THANK YOU to ALL of you. At the end of the Day our Festival will not be a success without any of you, so Thank you for the amazing support.

Good Morning to all of you !!!

Thank you for all the feedback and compliments and suggestions and advice.

Firstly i would like to apologize to the guests that i have redirected to park the vehicles and then carry their camping stuff, lucky not to many off you, but that was the camping with tent rules we made, as to last years experience, but then there was so many "very unhappy, very difficult" guests that we decided to leave everyone to their own decisions. But on the end i just hoped everyone had a camping spot and a good camping weekend.

I have already emailed EntryNinja and told then about the DNF situation. Hopefully they will sort this out with you.

If you missed out on buying a t-shirt, you can email me and we can do a online shopping thing.

We will definitely see if we can work on some free t-shirts for next year.

All my vendors from Cape Town was late on Friday, i am truly sorry. Will make sure everyone is here before all guests arrive for 2018.

The Eselfontein MTB Foundation committee will have a meeting soon and i will email all entrants with feedback.

But from my side, all i can say is THANK YOU to ALL of you. At the end of the Day our Festival will not be a success without any of you, so Thank you for the amazing support.

Legends Thank you!!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

so they DNF'd me for stage 2 - whaaaaat ? There job is to make sure they take your time when you finish how can they DNF me - will email them and hopefully fix it - was to hard to have a DNF result no way 

HI I am from Entry Ninja, First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused, we strive towards excellence and that meaning not missing a single result, however it's never that easy, and we tend to slip up here and there, we are currently looking at measures to keep that from happening in the future. I want to make sure that we update your results for Stage 2, but would need your assistance with that, if you could please send us a mail to support@entryninja.com then I will make sure the matter is sorted.

it was awesome, will require a full ride report (pending)

Firstly i would like to apologize to the guests that i have redirected to park the vehicles and  then carry their camping stuff, lucky not to many off you, but that was the camping with tent rules we made, as to last years experience, but then there was so many "very unhappy, very difficult" guests that we decided to leave everyone to their own decisions. But on the end i just hoped everyone had a camping spot and a good camping weekend.

ja that wasn't too lekker when you are rushing to get from town to the plaas and then the start of the nightride is coming up. We didn't feel like arguing with the okie who was just doing his job and just moved down the hill to enduro campsite.

apology accepted!

My take on the event (Did it last year).

Arriving at the venue, we were greeted by the marshals who informed us of the camping and parking areas and all registration details. When we got to the camp site, it seemed all was ignored as vehicles were parked all over the campsite. 

I think marshals should have been located at the entrance of the campsite as well to prevent vehicles from parking there.

The night ride. This is an experience like no other. I dont think the start time should be moved or distance should be shortened. This gives everyone a fair ride in full darkness with some proper trails so come prepared. This should not be watered down to a afternoon ride to finish before 7 as that will really blow the night ride experience.

Day 2 and 3 is really proper trail riding and one should not be fooled by the shorter distances as there is absolutely no free KM's. They really aren't joking when they said 70-80% ST.  Routes are clearly marked and as said previously the clever use of loops and strategically placed WPs is a winner.  

WP's were stocked up with all the good stuff and even had ice block for my bottle  :clap:

Showers and ablution facilities were sufficient and always kept clean. 

Personally i would not recommend spending more cash on a better timing system. I dont think there was any dispute amongst the winners so the rest of us are okay!? 

STRAVA does my timing  :ph34r:

Overall, the natural rocky and rugged trails, the relaxed friendly vibe, the camping experience, the sunset/night ride and of course the entry fee makes this event great value and a must in my books.

thanks to all involved and see you in 2018!

Edited by babse

HI I am from Entry Ninja, First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused, we strive towards excellence and that meaning not missing a single result, however it's never that easy, and we tend to slip up here and there, we are currently looking at measures to keep that from happening in the future. I want to make sure that we update your results for Stage 2, but would need your assistance with that, if you could please send us a mail to support@entryninja.com then I will make sure the matter is sorted.

thanks for the quick correction all done and complete

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WOW, what a great event, great camping, thank goodness I got my car next to my tent, used the Enduro campsite, The trails, brilliant, just a proper MTB event,no big corporate sponsor, great selection of food and beer,  Will be back next year,  for value for money, I would do this over W2W and day of the week, R1500 a team entry verses R13500

My take on the event (Did it last year).

Arriving at the venue, we were greeted by the marshals who informed us of the camping and parking areas and all registration details. When we got to the camp site, it seemed all was ignored as vehicles were parked all over the campsite. 

I think marshals should have been located at the entrance of the campsite as well to prevent vehicles from parking there.

The night ride. This is an experience like no other. I dont think the start time should be moved or distance should be shortened. This gives everyone a fair ride in full darkness with some proper trails so come prepared. This should not be watered down to a afternoon ride to finish before 7 as that will really blow the night ride experience.

Day 2 and 3 is really proper trail riding and one should not be fooled by the shorter distances as there is absolutely no free KM's. They really aren't joking when they said 70-80% ST.  Routes are clearly marked and as said previously the clever use of loops and strategically placed WPs is a winner.  

WP's were stocked up with all the good stuff and even had ice block for my bottle  :clap:

Showers and ablution facilities were sufficient and always kept clean. 

Personally i would not recommend spending more cash on a better timing system. I dont think there was any dispute amongst the winners so the rest of us are okay!? 

STRAVA does my timing  :ph34r:

Overall, the natural rocky and rugged trails, the relaxed friendly vibe, the camping experience, the sunset/night ride and of course the entry fee makes this event great value and a must in my books.

thanks to all involved and see you in 2018!

Overall, the natural rocky and rugged trails, the relaxed friendly vibe, the camping experience, the sunset/night ride and the entry fee makes this event great value an real must in my books.

you didn't mention how you made my life a living hell over the 3 days...

Great event! Thanks to all involved in making it happen.

Room for improvement with the timing, but didn't influence the overall result. Also think the start could be more orderly with seeding on all days, but certainly not worth complaining about.

Definitely wouldn't shorten the night ride, it's perfect as it is. Riding in the setting sun and then seeing the lights all over the mountain is so cool and not something we don't experience often. Also turns out that racing at night is a little different to chilled training in the dark, got the scars to prove it.

Hope the race stays as it is with the relaxed vibe, well priced entry/food/drink and prize money  :w00t: 

Will be back next year. :thumbup:

Great event! Thanks to all involved in making it happen.

Room for improvement with the timing, but didn't influence the overall result. Also think the start could be more orderly with seeding on all days, but certainly not worth complaining about.

Definitely wouldn't shorten the night ride, it's perfect as it is. Riding in the setting sun and then seeing the lights all over the mountain is so cool and not something we don't experience often. Also turns out that racing at night is a little different to chilled training in the dark, got the scars to prove it.

Hope the race stays as it is with the relaxed vibe, well priced entry/food/drink and prize money  :w00t:

Will be back next year. :thumbup:

Those R 30 crafties were bloody marvellous... as were the roosterkoek and lamb tjoppies. 

Just to let you know as well......the photographer that everyone has seen, was here to capture the event itself, although there will be a few riders photo in between all off it, this was not their aim. We are in need of photos and videos for our event and website, so this is what we will use it for.

BUT i will be posting it all on our FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/Eselfontein/

and WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I HAVE.

If you have any good footage that you think we must use or want to put it on the "clouds", please do so or send it to me - janene@eselfontein.co.za

you didn't mention how you made my life a living hell over the 3 days...

uhm that's your own doing. Start training for next year already if you know what is good for you, lol!!