Cape Town Cycle Tour agrees to Women's only Invitational start group starting in Glencairn

News bot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly a sex change does not seem to be such a bad idea :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

For cycling unlike running for example (which may come closer) the numbers will not add up.

Sex change XXX hundreds of thousands of rand maybe million.

Winning the Cape Town cycle tour - not even a R100 000.00 - reportedly on super cycling this week about R50 000.00

well maybe next year they will have a separate cat in the Epic with shorter distances every day.

Can i request that people weighing over 110kg start from the top of Suikerbossie?

You sir are so funny!

I have only one problem with this, though. There's just not enough time for me to get my "weight" training up to scratch before Sunday

????????????

So many opinions from the Men, when this is the Ladies race.

The only people who are affected (and in a positive way) are these racing ladies.

The only lady I have seen that is not happy is Anriette Schoeman. Everyone else is pretty happy about it. 

If anyone can show me a photo of a lady winning the argus not in the middle of a mans bunch I will wear secret socks for the Argus. 

As Ariane Luthi pointed out, if you want ladies cycling to grow, they need their own race that will give them coverage, the greater the coverage, the greater return for sponsors therefore growing womens cycling. 

Also the hub had their pitchforks out when the Herald had that crash in the elite ladies, due to the ladies bunch catching fun riders. Now the ladies will not catch funriders, the hub should be shouting the Cycle Tour's praises.

Hopefully the first Lady in the 109km race gets some prize money aswell

I think there is a little trophy, no cash.

my 2 cents:

- Notice wayyyy to short

- Womens only group - great idea

- Shorter distance - not a good idea if this is a RACE

-I would suggest make this whole thing a "fun ride" for everyone...no one will prove anything from winning the cycle tour..its no where near a REAL challenge for the racing teams nor is it "important" in the eyes of the UCI...its just a fun ride.

I would SEED the ladies better and have them race between 2 groups that will cause the lease amount of havoc.

I always believed in cape town should have the real racers race their own race I called this the Super Argus (think my post was taken off) where by the top seeded say 5 000 riders race a longer distance... then the rest would race say a 90km (celebrating the old race) this way they can have unlimited entries into the shorter race and making more money (that's what the aim is right) ?

my 2 cents:

- Notice wayyyy to short

- Womens only group - great idea

- Shorter distance - not a good idea if this is a RACE

-I would suggest make this whole thing a "fun ride" for everyone...no one will prove anything from winning the cycle tour..its no where near a REAL challenge for the racing teams nor is it "important" in the eyes of the UCI...its just a fun ride.

I would SEED the ladies better and have them race between 2 groups that will cause the lease amount of havoc.

I always believed in cape town should have the real racers race their own race I called this the Super Argus (think my post was taken off) where by the top seeded say 5 000 riders race a longer distance... then the rest would race say a 90km (celebrating the old race) this way they can have unlimited entries into the shorter race and making more money (that's what the aim is right) ?

You must obviously not taken part in a Killarney Thursday night or a crit. 

Some of my toughest races have been 90 minute crits. 

There is nowhere you can seed them in the normal start that their race is not compromised. 

It is hell of important for riders who need sponsors to support them for a year. UCI points dont pay your salary. Brand exposure does that. 

Side note: The limit to entries is not demand but health and safety, cannot get permission for any more people on the route.

PS - I would rather see ladies race ladies for 2 hours than watch a fun riders bunch with ladies in it for 3 hours. In the past, if a lady attacked on Suikerbosie, the other ladies knew 100% that they dont have to cover as the 1A/1B bunch and tandems will reel her in for them. Now, the ladies will have to actually race.

Edited by Pure Savage

you obviously didn't read what I was saying carefully...

The guys talked about developing ladies cycling to be competitive overseas...hence I suggested they either race or this should be a fun ride...

On your crits of 90 min...I hope that gets you to Europe soonest !

Again this was my 2 cents...

The only lady I have seen that is not happy is Anriette Schoeman. Everyone else is pretty happy about it. 

I wonder why  :whistling:

Racing with men reduces the chance of a bunch men / women sprint perhaps...

Will all the ladies get on a bus in town and transported to Glencairn... a warmup cycle there...

I wonder why  :whistling:

Racing with men reduces the chance of a bunch men / women sprint perhaps...

Will all the ladies get on a bus in town and transported to Glencairn... a warmup cycle there...

A twitter ride :P