Cape Town Cycle Tour agrees to Women's only Invitational start group starting in Glencairn

News bot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3189319f3d985ed69ad2016ff217d4d8.jpg

If SA's top female rider approves we should all not worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if the junior part is correct, but imagine, if a junior wins she will win the junior, u23 and elite titles [emoji471] [emoji471] [emoji471] BOOM

It really is all about the money, isn't it.  I'm not sure who, apart from the sponsors,should be insulted by this.  Perhaps the elite men are just laughing.  Perhaps the women themselves are thinking that this is just a little silly and a step backwards   The issue of women's equality in racing started with the prize money; initially not the same as the mens' because the women, largely through a lack of numbers, didn't provide the same entertainment value.  Having attained that target, the women themselves are fighting over the purse and the winners are those to whom the short route is best suited.  Why not just start the ladies at 06:00, all with the same bike light, and have them race like hell to stay ahead of the elite men.  That would earn everybody's respect, not denigration.

It really is all about the money, isn't it.  I'm not sure who, apart from the sponsors,should be insulted by this.  Perhaps the elite men are just laughing.  Perhaps the women themselves are thinking that this is just a little silly and a step backwards   The issue of women's equality in racing started with the prize money; initially not the same as the mens' because the women, largely through a lack of numbers, didn't provide the same entertainment value.  Having attained that target, the women themselves are fighting over the purse and the winners are those to whom the short route is best suited.  Why not just start the ladies at 06:00, all with the same bike light, and have them race like hell to stay ahead of the elite men.  That would earn everybody's respect, not denigration.

We want same prize money,same tv coverage,same sponsorships and same salaries but happy to race only 2/3 of the course :eek:  :unsure:  :lol:  :lol:

It really is all about the money, isn't it. I'm not sure who, apart from the sponsors,should be insulted by this. Perhaps the elite men are just laughing. Perhaps the women themselves are thinking that this is just a little silly and a step backwards The issue of women's equality in racing started with the prize money; initially not the same as the mens' because the women, largely through a lack of numbers, didn't provide the same entertainment value. Having attained that target, the women themselves are fighting over the purse and the winners are those to whom the short route is best suited. Why not just start the ladies at 06:00, all with the same bike light, and have them race like hell to stay ahead of the elite men. That would earn everybody's respect, not denigration.

Well seeing that all the ladies want this, I think the only ones that would be bleak would be those that sat on men's wheels.

It'll be quite a test as the Cape Doctor is gonna gust strong strong

What'll their group size be?

It'll be quite a test as the Cape Doctor is gonna gust strong strong

What'll their group size be?

50 max

Ooh I think women staying away is going to be closer than people think.

I wouldn't bet either way. At least they are trying something. I hope it works!

Ooh I think women staying away is going to be closer than people think.

I wouldn't bet either way. At least they are trying something. I hope it works!

I dont think its an issue if the elites catch them (at a spot other than the finish straight). Would be easy to keep them apart. Its the big funride groups that can mess things up.

what happened to this in the end amongst all the drama? where did they start, if at all?

moved back to original start and did not get far. Almost got to Ladies Mile [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Hijack, but checked the CSA website for something today and saw our photo from probably 5/6 years ago. Can you guess where?

Msunduzi Worlds Masters qualifier - us through the trees?