[Event] The Fair Cape Dairies Philadelphia MTB

Annemart

Results are out with first 4 in 76km looking pretty suspicious- even beating the A bunch and doing average of 33km/h.

Racetec messed up quite bad today. I suspect the first 4 in the 76 entered the 76 and then did the 33. The time I finished was used as my race time, which means I only finished 1.5 hours ago.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Results are out with first 4 in 76km looking pretty suspicious- even beating the A bunch and doing average of 33km/h.

I took the first rider over the finish line and he did 3 hours.  The results you have must be wrong.

I took the first rider over the finish line and he did 3 hours. The results you have must be wrong.

According to racetec result on their website first 2 guys came in an amazing 2:15

According to racetec result on their website first 2 guys came in an amazing 2:15

Definitely wrong.  I was the leading vehicle and I only took one person over the mats.  He finished at about 10h30.  That is three hours.  No doubt about that.

Definitely wrong.  I was the leading vehicle and I only took one person over the mats.  He finished at about 10h30.  That is three hours.  No doubt about that.

Had a look at the racetec results. Chris Cronje was first over the mats.  The other four is a mistake.

any feedback on the 13km route ?

Next weekend will be our FIRST event with Maritz (almost 6 years old).  4km ride.

slowly building up the distances .... :)

Had a look at the racetec results. Chris Cronje was first over the mats. The other four is a mistake.

This happens often. I'm sure racetec will fix this on monday. Everyone can relax ;-)

This happens often. I'm sure racetec will fix this on monday. Everyone can relax ;-)

Not sure racetec will fix. The fine breede results was and still is a mess.

Hi Guys

Just a quick question.....is there any one that actually measured the metres of climbing for the 76km? Only 250 peole that finished?

Also any feed back on the 13km

The second hill was a bit silly. Two unrideable climbs to the top then a straight line rapid descent which was a bit of a waste of altitude.

The approach route to the first hill climb was an improvement though.

In other news could parents of kid racers please ensure that they equip them with a critical piece of kit on their bike: manners. I witnessed a few instances where young riders were pushing past on the left where there wasnt space to pass and with no warning what so ever. One ladys handlebars were clipped and she very nearly fell. Completely unnecessary. All they need to do is call out and most people will gladly move over.

Edited by Ferro

Hi Guys

Just a quick question.....is there any one that actually measured the metres of climbing for the 76km? Only 250 peole that finished?

According to my phone's Strava log, total climb was 1033m, total distance 73.4km (didn't cut corners).

Edited by solty

Dibs on sponsoring these two guys, taking out a second morgage- but we are kicking ass next year in pro circuit!

Get what you mean on the hill, but thats part and parcel of mtb; same as the climb last year at Epic behind Vondeling- not a single person (pros included) could ride it.

As for the second part- yip, had some 30k "racing snake" youngster also shouting left right and center for everyone to move over for them on the sandy single track next to that lovely green river.... you want to pass.... get past on your own.

The second hill was a bit silly. Two unrideable climbs to the top then a straight line rapid descent which was a bit of a waste of altitude.

The approach route to the first hill climb was an improvement though.

In other news could parents of kid racers please ensure that they equip them with a critical piece of kit on their bike: manners. I witnessed a few instances where young riders were pushing past on the left where there wasnt space to pass and with no warning what so ever. One ladys handlebars were clipped and she very nearly fell. Completely unnecessary. All they need to do is call out and most people will gladly move over.

Hi Guys

My garmin 500 recorded a 1220, which is surprising that it is so close to the reported amount as I never get close. On strava I see reported between 1000m up to 1200m

The 13km one was about 220m ascent