[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

First official Vets start, VC.

Will have to see how it goes :clap:

You couldn't have picked an easier first Vets race.

This race usually finishes in a  bunch sprint. 

If anybody gets dropped from their group in this race, go home and train harder.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody gets dropped from their group in this race, go home and train harder.

4 x VA's got away 70km to go last year....

Wonder if we can sucker the VB's like that this year?

That race neutralization fiasco?

Am I missing something with the route finish...

"This takes the race off the late morning busy sections in Rondebult Road and brings the event back into Emperors via Griffith Road.

Out of Jet Park the event does a .right turn into Yaldwin Road, followed by a left into Taljaard and left again into Jones road to reach the finish, which is at the same spot as the start."

If we go right on Yaldwyn, we never go up to Griffith? We did Griffith last year I think?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The plan for last year was to finish on Griffith, but the quality of the road along the railway line prevented it. that text is probably a cut-n-paste from last year.

The route is supposed to be the same as last year - for the 97km.

There was a break of 4 in VC last year, and a bunch sprint for 5th (4 minute adrift).

I'm on #Wheelsucking duty this year  :ph34r:

There was a break of 4 in VC last year, and a bunch sprint for 5th (4 minute adrift).

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/10/Breaking-bad-Facepalm-Headache-OMG-Oh-my-god-So-stupid-Stupid-You-suck-For-fucks-sake-FFS-GIF.gif

Are we really going to have to now debate the difference between a break away winning and getting dropped from the main group?

Seeding Schmeeding.... let your seeding drop a bit, get forced a few groups back... solo attack your batch 100km out and Jens Voigt it!

Go home broken and satisfied. Much more fun than sucking wheel and rolling over the line with 100 other people who are all worried about their golf handicap.

With a EL start, I'm going to have to be doing this.

That was the plan.  No real impact on seeding, as R4V is usually my best seeding, and also at the wrong part of my training plan. 

Hope to stay near the front and see the difference between AL & VC.

In 2015 VC caught VB which meant that VB was neutralised. 

JCZA, Please explain this comment some more.  

Sorry, I don't understand all the roadie nuances yet.

JCZA, Please explain this comment some more.  

Sorry, I don't understand all the roadie nuances yet.

Start groups at 5 min intervals

VA

VB

VC

etc...

Group closes 5 min gap and catches group that started ahead

Commissaire will then neutralise group caught and allow second group to overtake and continue

Once second group is ahead race will be resumed

Start groups at 5 min intervals

VA

VB

VC

etc...

Group closes 5 min gap and catches group that started ahead

Commissaire will then neutralise group caught and allow second group to overtake and continue

Once second group is ahead race will be resumed

Makes sense. What happens when you have a breakaway group up the road in VB and the Main Group gets caught by VC? Is the breakaway group pulled back or allowed to extend their advantage while the Main Group is neutraized?

The plan for last year was to finish on Griffith, but the quality of the road along the railway line prevented it. that text is probably a cut-n-paste from last year.

The route is supposed to be the same as last year - for the 97km.

I'm on #Wheelsucking duty this year :ph34r:

My First VA race.. so Im also #wheelsucking.. holding on for dear life. If you see a guy with a white Trek in Black Albion kit... be nice please, you where all newbies at one stage.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Makes sense. What happens when you have a breakaway group up the road in VB and the Main Group gets caught by VC? Is the breakaway group pulled back or allowed to extend their advantage while the Main Group is neutraized?

Nope, If there is a break and the main group gets caught then they messing around anyway and would never have caught the break.

It becomes a total mess. This happened with ladies group at 94.7. 

The ladies in the chasing group got towed back to the leading lady and she lost her advantage, although she briefly extended her advantage while the rest were neutralized.