Is it just me or is Evobikes prices not competitive at all anymore ?

pk007za

Ah thanks, could you also tell me what my thoughts are on abortion and gay marriage is, given that you're now telling me what I think ?

A gay marriage is an abortion

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday, is that you ?

Its there... its lingering like one of those heavy farts.

I can smell Friday, its gonna be epic at this rate

Ah thanks, could you also tell me what my thoughts are on abortion and gay marriage is, given that you're now telling me what I think ?

tenor.gif

You wanted to drum up support so that you could go and say "Everybody on the BikeHub says....."

Well, Patch, read his mind and tell us his thoughts on the above, you were spot on the first time  :w00t:

Well, Patch, read his mind and tell us his thoughts on the above, you were spot on the first time  :w00t:

What he said ^

Well that escalated quickly!

I haven't seen a thread get this nasty this quickly since the Sheriff left town!

I found Evo Bikes really expensive when I needed to get some QR ends for my 240s hubs. I got them for half the price off CRC and just bought a few other bits and bobs consumables I would have needed anyway to cover the shipping... (makes PERFECT sense! pffft)

BUT that being said some of their stuff is reasonable. I just think loyalty is a very difficult thing to maintain these days. For both parties. The consumer needs to shop with his wallet and keep the wifes bickering off his back. The distributer needs to decide volume over profit etc...

The retail game is cut throat. One needs a massive (and ever growing) cash cow capital and/or a very long arm of credit (which is NOT conducive to long term sustainability).

Shops without very busy workshops are going to struggle these days I fear

To answer the OP's question: No I do not think their pricing is out of line with other online offerings. They operate a good, honest business in that they do not bait-and-switch like some other retailers do. Ever ordered from another online cycling retailer only to be told that the item you ordered is out of stock?

Their turn-around times are also some of the best I have come across.

There have also been some big moves in the way cycling goods are being distributed. We are seeing more and more "direct" representation opposed to appointing agents with sole distribution rights. This ultimately leads to more regularised pricing. Before we all imported our SRAM cassettes and chains from CRC. Now they are prohibited to sell SRAM items outside of the UK.

Strategies differ between retailers. Some may run a "special" on a non-essential cycling item to try and hook you into ordering a few other items. Others focus on offering pricing at set margins rather than loading the margins on essential items and reducing the pricing on non-essential items. Remember to compare basket for basket in terms of pricing and availability when you shop online.

Online retailers know that we shop around and try to get it at the cheapest price possible. They cannot rely on pricing alone to generate repeat business. Repeat business is far cheaper to maintain than to generate new business. You may find that by building a relationship (even with an online retailer) you'll get better service, and often they'll reward you with complementary items in your order to say thanks for the business. Trying to get one retailer to be the cheapest on everything takes too much of their margin out of the deal, so if you bargain hunt, then expect to have to place separate orders at various retailers.

I don't think OP wanted to achieve what he/she is being accused of.  I do however fail to see the point of threads like this?  It's like a giant f'ing subtweet at Evo.  If they're too expensive, they'll close shop eventually and that'll be their fault.  Let it be.

tenor.gif

"You wanted to drum up support so that you could go and say "Everybody on the BikeHub says....."" - Would love to see where my posts indicated that I wanted to do that...Although you know what they say about assumption...

If I'm wrong, then please correct me.

Loads of shops have different priced stuff from other shops selling the same stuff. We buy from different shops. Shops have sales where things are cheaper than the same things were before a few days before. Other shops overseas are cheaper and some are more expensive. On Black Friday everything is super cheap but we don't expect shops to have those prices for ever. Shops buy at a price and have a margin. Some go for bigger margins some don't for different reason. 

Evobikes has somethings cheaper than other shops and some not as cheap. Some people will buy from them, some will not. I have got bargains there and I've not.

... I think it's called 'way of the world' 

If one of my regular customers posted this on a social platform without speaking to me first I'd strongly encourage him to take his business elsewhere. No, I'd actually encourage him to shove it up his ass first.

It grates my chops too when people have an over estimated view of their power as a consumer, particularly if they have not approached the retailer first. Its like people watched the "United breaks guitars" YouTube clip once too often. Social media is full of people shouting "boycott". Remember when everyone boycotted Woolworths on a Thursday because they apparently don't employ white people, only to go back on that Sunday after church because its too much trouble to make a malva pudding from scratch?

It grates my chops too when people have an over estimated view of their power as a consumer, particularly if they have not approached the retailer first. Its like people watched the "United breaks guitars" YouTube clip once too often. Social media is full of people shouting "boycott". Remember when everyone boycotted Woolworths on a Thursday because they apparently don't employ white people, only to go back on that Sunday after church because its too much trouble to make a malva pudding from scratch?

post-41238-0-23569700-1494334332_thumb.jpg

I always wonder how effective these "bad press" efforts are ?

Surely most of us have seen enough to know that the vast majority of these are not the "full story" ....

In fact - when last has Evobikes been mentioned this many times on the hub in a single day ?  Would be interesting to see their internet traffic count for the day ....

this thread most probably got them more business than anything else.

when you get consistently bad press ... especially very level headed factual bad press ..... that cant be good for business.

AND as time passes we get to know different posters ...

Price variation happens everywhere in different industries. Pick 'n pay for example has some stuff way more expensive than Makro, and vice versa.

However. Have you tried asking Evo for a discount?

Archived