Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

Why

Wait!! Is that real?

Yes its done, says he struggled for results last 2 years but essentially thats why he went to UAE and for leadership in classics. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its done, says he struggled for results last 2 years but essentially thats why he went to UAE and for leadership in classics.

And he thinks he is going to get at at sky this time round..[emoji2962]

And he thinks he is going to get at at sky this time round..[emoji2962]

Sounds like he's shelved that ambition. Much talk of being a 'team player' and a 'mentor' in the releases. 

I see Vakoc got an extension at Quickstep. I'm glad seeing as south Africa Robbed him of competing in 2018.

So Gaviria to UAE is confirmed..still a head scratcher...they will have to build a lead out train from scratch now..

I think its a bad move. We're in for another Kittel scenario in 2019.

Pat said he couldn't offer him a long term contract..it is a shame. Oh well

UAE isnt the same team as this year going into 2019, not saying he will shine and be better - nobody can tell that but UAE are significantly different rider wise and structure. 

Pat said he couldn't offer him a long term contract..it is a shame. Oh well

I would have thought that someone like Gaviria, even without a long term contract won't struggle to renew. If QS could only offer him 1 yr and he wasn't confident that at the end of the year he won't be good enough to renew then maybe he has other intentions. Maybe he has a lousy agent. The only good thing about moving to UAE is the bike he will be riding. We have seen that with that team you are 9(or 8 depending on the race) individuals stuffing around all over the place. UAE are not "a team", You maar do your own thing.

Reading between the lines I get the impression he won't really be racing much. Or am I misunderstanding them when they say he is taking up a leadership roll?

And again DDD will have to sacrifice everything else at the TDF for the Cav record ambition..[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]