Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

' ICYMI, @AnnikaLangvad will be representing @boelsdolmansct in 2019 as a mountainbiker and joins us for some of the road races too. “When I was presented with the chance to do some races with Boels-Dolmans next year, I was really excited.” '

That suggests she is out of Team Spez but her profile says "Specialized Racing XC and Boels Dolmans Cycling Team"

btw K8 has said she is not doing the Epic this year

Probably a bit of a partnership between the 2 teams when it comes to the MTB side of things.

Or lost in translation with the tweet.

Either way I would look forward to a Anika - Anna partnership at the Epic.

Edited by Gen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows your Dutch?

https://www.boelsdolmanscyclingteam.com/nl/nieuws/mtb-kampioene-annika-langvad-vervolledigt-boels-dolmans

From wat ek kan verstaan is that its business as usual with the XC team next year, but I think she might be transitioning to road ultimately. In my opinion she is not really able to compete on the technical skills side with the young fearless whipper snappers in the XC scene

The given is she rides the Spez brand - it would not be happening if she wasn't.  

Edited by kosmonooit

Anna at the Epic? that would be a big ask .. although she has had some success in smaller mtb races she competed in exactly one round of the UCI XCO last year and didn't really feature ... she has a way to go but I could be wrong.  It would also be distraction from her road season prep.

Anna at the Epic? that would be a big ask .. although she has had some success in smaller mtb races she competed in exactly one round of the UCI XCO last year and didn't really feature ... she has a way to go but I could be wrong. It would also be distraction from her road season prep.

There was a report floating around of that possibility but it wasn't confirmed..(my memory was fussy sorry) and of course is is not good timing with the classics.

Anika has gone to Boels...and Anna VDB has confirmed she will ride the Epic ..assume she will partner with her as they are now teammates.

So this leaves specialized high and dry on the MTB side

Ariane maybe riding with Yana Belamoija.... Difficult Polish surname. I think if the team can work together 2nd favourites behind vd Breggen and Langvad

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrQPVv0l2ww/

"On a sidenote: I’m joining Boels-Dolmans for 2019 as an addition to my usual Specialized Racing XC Team, not a replacement. Also, you’ll see me racing MTB World Cups just like normally in the colours of Specialized. I call it a win-win "

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7hCl-ldNG/

"My main focus will still be on the MTB and I'm full on board with Specialized Racing XC"

This was from February last year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BflsbgqAssQ/

"...then we have our "loaner" from @boelsdolmansct . She's not only a power house on the road but a very capable mountainbiker. It's been awesome to have @annavdbreggen with us for the season start at @iamspecialized_mtb"

Annika is riding full factory Spez for XC this year. As per normal and every other year before this since long time. Her road stints will be for Boels.

Word from the NZ Nationals is that Sam Gaze is going to be turning his attention to the road / 2020

He's such a nipple...

that could be a good thing for XCO  :ph34r:

Word from the NZ Nationals is that Sam Gaze is going to be turning his attention to the road / 2020