Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So will Bahrain-McLaren be the GC winning team they are hoping it to be?

Will Cav find his legs and the wins?

Can Poels pull it off?

Will Landa land a big one?

So will Bahrain-McLaren be the GC winning team they are hoping it to be? - Maybe, but not this year

Will Cav find his legs and the wins?  - Who knows! It's got to be this year or nothing. If he's planning to go the olympics as well he'd better get everything lined up. Looking their team ambitions for Le Tour he'll be freelancing alot. 

Can Poels pull it off? I have a feeling he's a bit like Porte. A great wingman and super dom' but doesn't have all the pieces to become a true GC guy. 

Will Landa land a big one? He'll have to stop shipping loads of time in the first half of the big races  and stop the trademark 'battle back valiantly in a swash buckling style' (which was only allowed by the other riders because he's so far back in the first place!). 

A rider cannot announce or staff until the team has made an official press release, it’s just how it is, so it’s not about me or Willie messaging on the group keeping quite and everyone in suspense.

are you still going to coach Willie at his new team?

Its been confirmed, Willie is not going to NTT.

In a way I am glad for Willie, really hope he has signed with a team that will support him. Just not sure he will fit in with NTT and all the politics. Willie loves to race and race hard.

They going to disguise a timemachine as a bolide? Or will he suck it up and ride what his sponsors give him?

Have a feeling that Ineos will tick alot of boxes for the aussie as far as top notch kit goes. They will also make a plan so he can use his special bars (which appeared to be an issue for Merida). Sky / Ineos are all about the best kit so that you can perform to your best and make a plan. Also the bolide isn't a *** machine. 

So is Willie going to Burgos bh then?

That's a bit of a drop out out of the WT to plain ol' conti. Good that he's got a ride for the 2020 season in the current market and hopefully he gets some opportunities. Fingers crossed they get a Vuelta berth next year else we may not really see him racing. 

A Pro Conti team.... thought he said he was going to another WT team?

At least he his staying in Spain which he seems to like

bit of a anti climax if true... 

anyway glad he has a team to ride for. Im sure he will light up the pro conti circuit again!