Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

Heard Lotto Soudal offered Greipel a third of his current salary for next season.

He's now in the hunt for a new team. should be interesting.

couldn't happen to a nicer guy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Aqua Blue, actually being at the Tour didn't help his pursuit of the record either. . .

To be fair the Tour didn't help any of the pure sprinters in anything. They did how ever help remove the classic show down that is the last stage into Paris.  

Think they were at the Vuelta last year and maybe will be again this year.  Perhaps if Cav does go there they will be looking for a tour spot next year?

The Wild cards were released back in April and Aqua Blue's owner went on a rant. It's Cofidis / Burgos / Euskadi / Caja. Gotta keep it local and Cofidis (as they are a major Sponsor). 

As for Cav'. Another lead out to be build, tuned and misfired before it's 100% and no offense to Aqua Blue riders you're not looking at a powerhouse team with gnarled racers. I think Cav' still has a good number of wins in him at top level but he's stated it takes months of racing to get that lead tuned and the mindset to take control of a peloton in the last part of a race. He's got wins in him, but not years to mess about. Not crashing should also help. He should hit the track again this winter and build from there. It worked nicely for him before. Not in terms of just the fitness but the anticipation, guile and surfing around / off riders. Did wonders for him at the tour a few years back. But that was a few years back. 

is there a decent summary of who is fishing for contracts like the first post (but for 2018/19)?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/transfer-mechanics-the-lay-of-the-land-in-2018/ this has a good coverage of who's fishing, some is a little out of date now. It's quite a quiet year for the stars with most GC riders having sorted contracts last year and the likes of Thomas, Yates etc pretty much staying where they are. 

Will be interesting to see what happens in the Sprinters world with Griepel, Ewan, Cav, Demare, LaPorte, Bouhanni, EBH and Ben Swift all free. I think DD would keep Cav' with his Sponsor connections, having invested in the train and their pretty average season this year and not like anyone else has been getting to the top step for them. If he stays upright he'll get you wins. Maybe send him to the Giro and Vuelta in 2019 as we've seen average fields recently and he could clean up nicely. The tour is going to be stacked next year with Gaviria returning, Ewan debut, Kittel trying to come back, Demare being french, Nacer with what ever he is doing, Sagan and the rest.

http://www.cyclingfever.com/transfers.html alway seems to be pretty correct with it's rumors. 

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/transfer-mechanics-the-lay-of-the-land-in-2018/ this has a good coverage of who's fishing, some is a little out of date now. It's quite a quiet year for the stars with most GC riders having sorted contracts last year and the likes of Thomas, Yates etc pretty much staying where they are. 

Will be interesting to see what happens in the Sprinters world with Griepel, Ewan, Cav, Demare, LaPorte, Bouhanni, EBH and Ben Swift all free. I think DD would keep Cav' with his Sponsor connections, having invested in the train and their pretty average season this year and not like anyone else has been getting to the top step for them. If he stays upright he'll get you wins. Maybe send him to the Giro and Vuelta in 2019 as we've seen average fields recently and he could clean up nicely. The tour is going to be stacked next year with Gaviria returning, Ewan debut, Kittel trying to come back, Demare being french, Nacer with what ever he is doing, Sagan and the rest.

http://www.cyclingfever.com/transfers.html alway seems to be pretty correct with it's rumors. 

some things changed!!!

Talk of Ewan replacing Greipel at Lotto Soudal has cooled in recent months. Mitchelton-Scott announced the sprinter’s Tour de France participation back in January and his debut in the race – partially at least – was a tactical move to warn off interest from other teams. Lotto Soudal, despite Greipel’s recent injury and age, have told Cyclingnews that the German is in their plans for 2019, but whether he is offered a one or two-year deal is a matter for private negotiations. 

with the benefit of hindsight, can we say that not tying down GThomas to a contract extension has probably cost Sir DB a cool 3/4 million euros over 2/3 years.

some things changed!!!

Talk of Ewan replacing Greipel at Lotto Soudal has cooled in recent months. Mitchelton-Scott announced the sprinter’s Tour de France participation back in January and his debut in the race – partially at least – was a tactical move to warn off interest from other teams. Lotto Soudal, despite Greipel’s recent injury and age, have told Cyclingnews that the German is in their plans for 2019, but whether he is offered a one or two-year deal is a matter for private negotiations. 

Yup, as I said the predictions are a little out of date as it was written back in March and you'd be buying lotto tickets if you were nailing prediction on the head from back then. It was more as a guide of who is out of contract at the end of the year. Funny how things have worked out looking back on it all. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Woah. Well that is one way to get a rider and nail all the circling sharks (well at least for a year). Well done Aqua Blue Wout Van Aert is yours for 2019. After buying the holding company that owns his current Willems-Crelan team Aqua Blue get all assets inc riders contracts. 

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-aert-to-ride-for-aqua-blue-sport-as-irish-team-acquires-verandas-willems/