Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

I also suspect DSM might be short on budget so releasing a rider from his contract for a transfer fee isn't a bad way to raise the cash.

Wondering if Cervelo bikes might not have had a hand to play? Will we see him dressed as a bee?

Edited by DieselnDust

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also suspect DSM might be short on budget so releasing a rider from his contract for a transfer fee isn't a bad way to raise the cash.

Wondering if Cervelo bikes might not have had a hand to play? Will we see him dressed as a bee?

I just read somewhere now that it was strictly money. His salary was still that of a Neo-Pro Minimum Wage i.e. $36 000 for the stellar season he had in 2020 & he is the former u23 World Champ. They were not willing to re-negotiate his existing salary. His reported per annum salary from the new team will go from +-$100 000 to +-2 mil.

Marc Hirschi is coming out for UAE Emirates this cycling season. This Wieler Flash understood from sources close to the team. The first contacts have been made through the Swiss connection with team manager Mauro Gianetti. In recent weeks, a transition from Team DSM has become negotiable and UAE Emirates has acted very quickly.

Tour de France winner Tadej Pogacar's team had hardly attracted any reinforcements for 2021 so far. Only Rafal Majka and Matteo Trentin are new big names. Financially, the team from the United Arab Emirates is in a strong position. Hirschi's salary requirements were therefore no problem. The connection between the three Swiss Marc Hirschi, his agent Fabian Cancellara and UAE Emirates team boss Mauro Gianetti played an important role in the negotiations.

Marc Hirschi is coming out for UAE Emirates this cycling season. This Wieler Flash understood from sources close to the team. The first contacts have been made through the Swiss connection with team manager Mauro Gianetti. In recent weeks, a transition from Team DSM has become negotiable and UAE Emirates has acted very quickly.

Tour de France winner Tadej Pogacar's team had hardly attracted any reinforcements for 2021 so far. Only Rafal Majka and Matteo Trentin are new big names. Financially, the team from the United Arab Emirates is in a strong position. Hirschi's salary requirements were therefore no problem. The connection between the three Swiss Marc Hirschi, his agent Fabian Cancellara and UAE Emirates team boss Mauro Gianetti played an important role in the negotiations.

seems legit...

Kerschbaumer is also moving teams and just happen to be in Stellenbosch as well ... another Spez move maybe?

Andreassen and Hatherly confirmed for Cannondale.

Edited by Funrider-CPT

Really? I had no clue... 

:ph34r:

:thumbup:  LOL! in fact I just back tracked on some messages now & see it was as early as October already that the news was rumored but officially unconfirmed.

Formidable lineup .... clear cut XCO and Epic goals. 

https://fb.watch/2U9eagJqwy/

"2020 proved to be a memorable season for the riders of Cannondale Factory Racing – including the two new faces on the squad. World #1 Henrique Avancini

and veteran teammate Manuel Fumic are joined by former junior XC and CX World Champion Simon Andreassen of Denmark and former U23 and ebike World Champion Alan Hatherly Athlete of South Africa.

Both riders achieved breakout results last season with Simon winning his first Elite XCO World Cup and Alan landing his first Elite XCO World Cup podium. 

After two weeks together for a small team camp, the groundwork has been laid, the normal CFR shenanigans had, and the bonds forged for 2021. Bring on the races."

Edited by Danger Dassie

I just read somewhere now that it was strictly money. His salary was still that of a Neo-Pro Minimum Wage i.e. $36 000 for the stellar season he had in 2020 & he is the former u23 World Champ. They were not willing to re-negotiate his existing salary. His reported per annum salary from the new team will go from +-$100 000 to +-2 mil.

Darn what a loss. He's going to be missed at DSM. Thanks for the info!

Formidable lineup .... clear cut XCO and Epic goals. 

https://fb.watch/2U9eagJqwy/

"2020 proved to be a memorable season for the riders of Cannondale Factory Racing – including the two new faces on the squad. World #1 Henrique Avancini

and veteran teammate Manuel Fumic are joined by former junior XC and CX World Champion Simon Andreassen of Denmark and former U23 and ebike World Champion Alan Hatherly Athlete of South Africa.

Both riders achieved breakout results last season with Simon winning his first Elite XCO World Cup and Alan landing his first Elite XCO World Cup podium. 

After two weeks together for a small team camp, the groundwork has been laid, the normal CFR shenanigans had, and the bonds forged for 2021. Bring on the races."

they seem to forget that Alan won the U23 XCO World Champs also, not just the E-bike champs.

Go CFR!

Edited by DieselnDust

they seem to forget that Alan won the U23 XCO World Champs also, not just the E-bike champs.

Go CFR!

Reread the post again, they mention former u23 world champ.

This year is going to be good. Fingers crossed we see some racing.

Reread the post again, they mention former u23 world champ.

This year is going to be good. Fingers crossed we see some racing.

reads much easier with my glasses on!! :)