Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

That is just weird.

Chalk it up to being 2020, I guess. Perhaps PL has finally lost his mind completely. At a loss to explain the decision making process with Cav's signing. Perhaps they reckon they can get him back to his best.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cav is going back to the wolf pack. I didn't see that one coming. BUT, they don't say if it's to ride or what his role will be.

Not a bad call. Cav has always said how much he loved being on that team. He brings a lot of personal sponsors, huge knowledge and will still command press coverage in every race he starts in. LeFevere has already got good exposure just by saying he was thinking of signing him.

It’s Cav’s last year and he’ll be as motivated as anything to put the naysayers away and will be followed by the press and tv at every race while wearing the Quickstep colours. Pretty sure he’ll be on a results only type contract and his personal sponsors will cover a salary.

I for one will be happy to see him go out in a year that is a bit more normal and hope he picks up a few wins. People will anyways hate him but he has a hell of a palmares, loves the sport, honours the races and will be regarded as one of the most successful and influential riders of his generation despite losing so many good years the Epstien-Barr issue.

Definitely one of the hottest transfers of 2021... The Greenedge bike for 2021.  :drool:

diTWH9hfDogCuDuMLW6fpG-1024-80.jpg

I was just looking for somewhere to post this pic!

See they've broken out the disk brake XR4. I like this colourway too.

Emily Batty finally leaving Trek after 12 years. Had to happen with the three youngsters there. Expect to see her in her husband's new XC team. Not sure of the bike brand yet.

Cav is going back to the wolf pack. I didn't see that one coming. BUT, they don't say if it's to ride or what his role will be.

I don't see him bringing any signifacant results in .. and doubt he will or could even be a lead out for Sammy. He will probably show his face in the occasional break.

It's probably more about the PR value of having him there.

Patrick had been mulling it over for a while, was quoted as saying his heart said yes but his head said no. I think he was approached a while back and doubt he is paying much either.

Edited by kosmonooit

I don't see him bringing any signifacant results in .. and doubt he will or could even be a lead out for Sammy. He will probably show his face in the occasional break.

It's probably more about the PR value of having him there.

Patrick had been mulling it over for a while, was quoted as saying his heart said yes but his head said no. I think he was approached a while back and doubt he is paying much either.

Lefevre did this before for the PR with a disgraced Richard Virenque. He said afterwards that the return was there even before he rode his first mile in a race. Cav 's gonna be the same as he pays him little publicity return is gonna be there before or with the first pedal stroke.

Might be another surprise they didn't expect Virenque to be able to perform again which surprisingly he did, mabe Cav is gonna be the same.

Though I believe we have a pre and past Epstein Barr Cavendish. I admit I actually got a strong dislike for the guy, but people have been too harsh on him for his non performing. Truly believe the virus has some long term effects(I sadly experienced it myself) its only à couple of % but at that level it means you go from héro to (almost)zéro).

• 3 weeks later...

"... signed for Circus-Wanty Gobert, who are set to compete at WorldTour level in 2021..."

Ah missed that... Good for him!

"... signed for Circus-Wanty Gobert, who are set to compete at WorldTour level in 2021..."

MVDP will need someone to pull him in the groupetto through the mountains at Le Tour next year.

Hatherly moving on from Specialized.

yeah he posted before Christmas he was leaving.

Word on the street is he's heading to Cannondale Factory Racing likely being joined by Simon Andreasen.

Looks Like Manny will hang up the XCO bike after Tokyo ( so basically 2021 season) (was supposed to be 2020 but COVID)

Just wondering why no one's linking TREK to them since TREK doesn't seem to have a very strong Men's XCO line up. Its only Anton Cooper and Stephane Tempier with Neff and Richards on the Ladies side.

yeah he posted before Christmas he was leaving.

Word on the street is he's heading to Cannondale Factory Racing likely being joined by Simon Andreasen.

Looks Like Manny will hang up the XCO bike after Tokyo ( so basically 2021 season) (was supposed to be 2020 but COVID)

Just wondering why no one's linking TREK to them since TREK doesn't seem to have a very strong Men's XCO line up. Its only Anton Cooper and Stephane Tempier with Neff and Richards on the Ladies side.

Spez outv cash after their burglary?

Can't see why they wouldn't hang onto Simon and Alan???

Edited by babse