WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

Can the poster of this comment please clarify.

The way I read his comment he is saying that Rob is the current/newly appointed treasurer, but is also an ex PPA member who left under a "cloud of controversy"

A couple of words, sentencing structure that could mean two different things...at least that is how I read it.

Either way, I hope he can do some good work and CSA can get it act together to be in a position to serve those who fund it, and help develop and find young talent.

Rob is the newly appointed treasurer at CSA and had massive support on his appointment from Hubland. So when I read the comment on the twitter feed I wondered if the person refered to the same person. He has yet to answer me

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that difficult to understand.

Rob is the NEW treasurer at CSA as per the link that was posted.

Previously he was at PPA, he was on the EXCO but had differing opinion than some others there.

What are you still needing to know?

It's not that difficult to understand.

Rob is the NEW treasurer at CSA as per the link that was posted.

Previously he was at PPA, he was on the EXCO but had differing opinion than some others there.

What are you still needing to know?

You answered me in a previous post...I was replying on another comment on my post whom said my question could have two meanings/intentions

You answered me in a previous post...I was replying on another comment on my post whom said my question could have two meanings/intentions

????????

Sad sight that this weekend at the Jock there was a watered down field on all levels.

Seeing the winners of all fields(photographs) going over the finish line with no one really spectating painted quite the picture of what the state of SA ROAD Cycling is in.

The sport needs a major overhaul and to attract sponsors or alternative funding models. The numbers are at events but this does not mean the sport is healthy as most people are repeat competitors at various events.

It will not be an easy task but the momentum is currently with us as SA has a team presence in the TDF and juniors doing well in Europe with other Elites as well.

The new treasurer has a formidable task to do in turning things around BUT the mess they are sitting with now is directly the fault of the current management and they need to be replaced no matter what they have done right in the past. 

i think the mtb side of things is still cooking. it's road cycling that is losing events, and participants, not necessarily in that order.

Anyone seen this? CSA is bankrupt.... looks serious.

"...CSA has been “utilising funding and grants for purposes other than that they were intended”, something which the audited financial statements highlighted (see Auditors flag CSA's "unlawful acts")"

https://www.onyourbike.bike/single-post/2017/07/16/Finance-committee-CSA-mismanaged-affairs-and-is-bankrupt

Edited by wiledog_x

The way I read his comment he is saying that Rob is the current/newly appointed treasurer, but is also an ex PPA member who left under a "cloud of controversy" 

I am not that clued up on PPA's past politics but I think that comment on twitter is a bit unfair.

He got voted off the exco, probably a bit unexpected and afterwards was/is very critical about PPA here on hubland - but I have never heard any suggestion of anything untoward happening while he was there.

Pity that he now disappeared from the thread, but it is probably the responsible thing to do if you are the treasurer of a bankrupt cycling authority  :whistling:

I am not that clued up on PPA's past politics but I think that comment on twitter is a bit unfair.

He got voted off the exco, probably a bit unexpected and afterwards was/is very critical about PPA here on hubland - but I have never heard any suggestion of anything untoward happening while he was there.

Pity that he now disappeared from the thread, but it is probably the responsible thing to do if you are the treasurer of a bankrupt cycling authority  :whistling:

Public forums are there for the public to voice their opinion...but if you do you need to be able to back it up. After I commented on the persons comment and asked him to name the person nothing has been mentioned. Easy for people to spread hearsay about people which can do damage to peoples image

Just copying my full post on that below, as the exert you show in your post makes it appear as if the statement was generated by myself.

Link to the full posting . https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/168504-wtf-csa/page-26?do=findComment&comment=3165319

Hairy
  • Province:Western Cape
  • LocationCape Town

Posted Yesterday, 19:49

Icycling, on 17 Jul 2017 - 5:43 PM, said:snapback.png

I believe Rob ex PPA has only been at CSA for about a month - I am sure the CSA problems have been coming for years. Rob offered to try help CSA as he is a CA by trade, probably offered his services to late considering how long CSA has nobody doing the job.

As for Rob - when he was at PPA, I observed a lot of action on safe cycle / more money been spent on safe cycling than has been (my opinion) since he left. Safe cycling  stay wider of the rider was his portfolio and to that end Rob is still passionate. 

Patchelicious, on 17 Jul 2017 - 5:45 PM, said:snapback.png

Yes it's a new appointment, CSA issues are not his doing.

https://www.bikehub....treasurer-r6695

Can the poster of this comment please clarify.

A couple of words, sentencing structure that could mean two different things...at least that is how I read it.

Either way, I hope he can do some good work and CSA can get it act together to be in a position to serve those who fund it, and help develop and find young talent.

Sorry, didn't want to imply it was you saying it - that's why I mentioned that it was on Twitter

Someone commented on Jeroen Swart's Twitter feed that the current treasurer of CSA left the PPA under a cloud of contraversy? Doubt it is the same person

his leaving the PPA was not under controversial circumstances. At least not on his part... 

Sorry, didn't want to imply it was you saying it - that's why I mentioned that it was on Twitter

shotto tchjina, all good

Hey guys,

Has there been any official announcements or details regarding the CSA guys. I got an email saying I have to renew in the next 2 weeks but a bit reluctant if its all in vain.

Regards, Andrew