WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

If I had a say in it..............

Have ONE race, ONE event for the Elites only.  Proper Nationals event.  Have every big event help you host it, Carnival, CTCT, Tshwane, etc.

Only Elites.

Have it AFTER the main funrider event at around 11am.  

Nice spectator base and worsbroodjie stalletjies are already there.

Then for the age cats you have 5 events spread over SA and your best 3 times count.  Winner takes the spoils.  Sort of a "SA Cup" if you want.

But that's just me............

:clap:  :clap: :clap:  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"This event is for Elite/U23, Masters and Para-cycling categories only" does this imply no Vets racing category or does that fall under Masters

"This event is for Elite/U23, Masters and Para-cycling categories only" does this imply no Vets racing category or does that fall under Masters

Masters = Vets.

(In UCI language)

Edited by Spinnekop

What about if there is a major accident? Where is the nearest capable trauma centre? Nelspruit? Not sure if you are severely injured, but not so badly injured that you don't meet the protocol for being airlifted, that this will have a great outcome. 

I am quite keen on Hoedspruit, lots of climbs, very good racing for the skinny ones. 

Not for me but my wife will throw her hat in for this champs. 

And I get to drive there, better and cheaper for a nice holiday! Whoop Whoop

I am quite keen on Hoedspruit, lots of climbs, very good racing for the skinny ones. 

I would have preferred Badplaas.  Closer to civilisation and some good routes.  Can't see much climbing at Swadini for the shorter groups unless they use different start and finish venues.

What about if there is a major accident? Where is the nearest capable trauma centre? Nelspruit? Not sure if you are severely injured, but not so badly injured that you don't meet the protocol for being airlifted, that this will have a great outcome. 

Here's an interesting one..

I had a lekker big crash at the Gauteng Champs in Pretoria earlier this year.  The ambulance was ready to help, but the skill level of the personnel and the quality of their kit was shockingly poor.  Not sure what would had happened to me if it was really serious. Talking "golden hour" scenarios.  Perhaps a quality ambulance in Hoedspruit will be better than expected 

Route is out - pretty flat.

Route is out - pretty flat.

Where is the route published? I would like to review it and make some plans .... bohwahahahahaha! Evil Laughter. 

Cycling South Africa

The drunk uncle that we have to invite to family parties and always end up spoiling the vibe.

Maybe one day he'll sober up and be loving to his family.

You cant say drunk uncle at parties without thinking about Eddie Murphy's "Uncle Gus and Aunt Bunny"  :clap:

Cycling South Africa

The drunk uncle that we have to invite to family parties and always end up spoiling the vibe.

Maybe one day he'll sober up and be loving to his family.

Having been the son of said drunk uncle, I can tell you it tends to get worse until the inevitable happens.

"If nothing changes, everything just stays the same" 

In other words, don't expect someone/something to change if nothing is changed....

Where is the route published? I would like to review it and make some plans .... bohwahahahahaha! Evil Laughter. 

Some info available on the HA Toere website.  Same crowd that organise the Vets tours in MPU. 

The route looks a little meh to me.  I am no climber, but even this looks a little too flat? 

You can fly into Nelspruit - good airport. But yes, it is a trek.

One must adapt to the heat, part of the prep, just like for Oudtshoorn or Wellington. Most places in RSA is moer hot in Feb.

Yeah one of the major issues has been the safety of participants..perhaps now they can arrange full road closure too?