SAIDS Advisory on the Dietary Supplement "BIOGEN TESTOFORTE"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 SA Doping Control Laboratory: University of the Free State.

Is this the same lab that lost its WADA accreditation?

AFAIK only in respect of urine samples (but I may be wrong)

have not seen a thread on this yet.

another supplements company feeding people banned substances.

DD-f7u9XkAEeu3d.jpgDD-f7uoWAAAhMXJ.jpg

Learnt a new latin word today... Epimedium Grandiflorum (Horney Goat Weed) - a herbal performance enhancement something.

There's even a song about it...

You got me horny in the morning and you know 

I try to call you but I can't find the telephone 

I sent a message through the Internet but it rejected 

I wrote a letter and I sent it with the post 

The post it takes so long, so I've got to sing this song 

To let you know how I feel, what's the deal baby 

And I can't wait for you, and the things you make me do 

My heart is ringing so I'm singing this song for you 

I'm horny 

Horny, horny, horny 

So horny 

I'm horny, horny, horny 

I'm horny 

Horny, horny, horny 

So horny 

I'm horny, horny, horny tonight 

Learnt a new latin word today... Epimedium Grandiflorum (Horney Goat Weed) - a herbal performance enhancement something.

There's even a song about it...

You got me horny in the morning and you know 

I try to call you but I can't find the telephone 

I sent a message through the Internet but it rejected 

I wrote a letter and I sent it with the post 

The post it takes so long, so I've got to sing this song 

To let you know how I feel, what's the deal baby 

And I can't wait for you, and the things you make me do 

My heart is ringing so I'm singing this song for you 

I'm horny 

Horny, horny, horny 

So horny 

I'm horny, horny, horny 

I'm horny 

Horny, horny, horny 

So horny 

I'm horny, horny, horny tonight 

Theme song for the morning :) 

Biogen punts their Informed Choice and Informed Sport programs heavily and I for one have fallen for their claim that they are a brand to be trusted. ‘we have a responsibility to offer a range of ongoing tested products available to both consumers and competitive athletes alike’ and they furthermore state that ‘no single Biogen product is formulated with any banned substances’. Sure this Testo Fort crap is not your run of the mill energy gel or drink, but what of all their other supplements in their so called ‘cemented in the pillars of good health’ Platinum Range? If their product range tests positive for steroids and it’s not good enough for pro athletes why the hell should it be OK for me? Is it reasonable to expect your average man on the street to be sending product in for independent testing to verify its legitimacy? And for every new batch I may purchase? If Biogen were the trusted brand they make out to be, I’d expect them to be regularly testing each batch for this so called ‘cross contamination’ seeing as they taking my money for providing a healthy supplement.

Putting a sticker on the box saying this product should not be used by Pros is not good enough. Their product has been found by SAIDS to be positive of banned substances, to lay all blame on the pharmaceutical properties of a weed is IMO not the manner in which Biogen should be handling this case. Instead their behaviour confirms one of corporate greed, instead of the ‘damage control’ media releases, they should be pulling product from shelves, apologising to their customers, not to mention their sponsored athlete who no doubt has had to put up with a lot from SAIDS in the first place for have highlighted this problem. They should be taking responsibility for putting them, and everyone else for that matter, at harm, and then only informing the public once it had been found their product contains banned steroids. It’s not quite how I, nor many others I would think, would choose to be their best!

As has already been pointed out in this thread, moral of the story is not to be so naive and trusting no matter the marketing hype. As a long and loyal Biogen customer, time to find a more authentic supplement brand, someone mentioned sponsor earlier, will start off there. 

Biogen = USN, as far as i know.

Wasn't USN responsible for the supplements that made a bunch of rugby 'Boks test positive?

Most importantly, with this stuff give me "guns" for summer?

Same company....Biogen is just more herbal focused if I recall correctly 

Same company....Biogen is just more herbal focused if I recall correctly 

nope, two different legal entities own the trademarks for USN and Biogen respectively 

both entities however share a common director

Biogen punts their Informed Choice and Informed Sport programs heavily and I for one have fallen for their claim that they are a brand to be trusted. ‘we have a responsibility to offer a range of ongoing tested products available to both consumers and competitive athletes alike’ and they furthermore state that ‘no single Biogen product is formulated with any banned substances’. Sure this Testo Fort crap is not your run of the mill energy gel or drink, but what of all their other supplements in their so called ‘cemented in the pillars of good health’ Platinum Range? If their product range tests positive for steroids and it’s not good enough for pro athletes why the hell should it be OK for me? Is it reasonable to expect your average man on the street to be sending product in for independent testing to verify its legitimacy? And for every new batch I may purchase? If Biogen were the trusted brand they make out to be, I’d expect them to be regularly testing each batch for this so called ‘cross contamination’ seeing as they taking my money for providing a healthy supplement.

Putting a sticker on the box saying this product should not be used by Pros is not good enough. Their product has been found by SAIDS to be positive of banned substances, to lay all blame on the pharmaceutical properties of a weed is IMO not the manner in which Biogen should be handling this case. Instead their behaviour confirms one of corporate greed, instead of the ‘damage control’ media releases, they should be pulling product from shelves, apologising to their customers, not to mention their sponsored athlete who no doubt has had to put up with a lot from SAIDS in the first place for have highlighted this problem. They should be taking responsibility for putting them, and everyone else for that matter, at harm, and then only informing the public once it had been found their product contains banned steroids. It’s not quite how I, nor many others I would think, would choose to be their best!

As has already been pointed out in this thread, moral of the story is not to be so naive and trusting no matter the marketing hype. As a long and loyal Biogen customer, time to find a more authentic supplement brand, someone mentioned sponsor earlier, will start off there. 

For what it's worth I sent an email to Evox in 2015 to query the ingredients of a product I was using at the time and the reply I got stated that all their products are "free from banned substances and non-WADA approved substances". It was 2 years ago but have always been satisfied with their stuff. Although im pretty sure Biogen claimed the same so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯