Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

Well said. Nothing more heartbreaking (in the minor problems sense, not global) than a lovely piece of meat destroyed by too much marinating. Cheap meat, marinade the **** out of it. Good meat, treat it like your lover. Caress it gently, spice only to enhance the flavour and spit roast only when it is needed.

I hope you saw the comments a few pages back and that was intentional... ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fair enough.

I reckon I been spicing my meat to early and drawing the moisture out.

So with a decent cut of steak, gooi braai spice just before you chuck it onto hot coals.

Well said. Nothing more heartbreaking (in the minor problems sense, not global) than a lovely piece of meat destroyed by too much marinating. Cheap meat, marinade the **** out of it. Good meat, treat it like your lover. Caress it gently, spice only to enhance the flavour and spit roast only when it is needed.

Haybo. Spitroasting your lover is never needed.

Haybo. Spitroasting your lover is never needed.

I agree, whether she's a girlfriend or wife or friend with benefits, etc.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Moutainbikingdom is a land where I, Stoffel, must defeat the ever expanding Boep and save my Sanity in search of the elusive Fitness. It's a beautiful land, full of flowing single track, tricky rockgardens and devilishly steep climbs, with loads of friendly mountainbike folk and a few who don't greet while out on a ride and one or two trolls.

More info, with detailed maps and records on conquests, can be found in the link:

www.strava.com

:P

(Sitting at work, really not feeling like working...)

I am trying to work, but this heat is making me lazy.

I feel like a nice steak and chips for tonight. TIme that my son starts pulling weight in this department so that I can sit back with a whiskey while he fries in the heat in front of the braai.

I'm cooking steak, egg and sweet potato fries tonight. Not on the fire, unfortunately, but griddle pan will have to do.

Lightie only eats rare steak. Training him well. ????

I'm cooking steak, egg and sweet potato fries tonight. Not on the fire, unfortunately, but griddle pan will have to do.

Lightie only eats rare steak. Training him well. [emoji13]

I'll be doing pork loin chops, also not on the fire, with eggs and slaptjips tonight. In the mood for that.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

So, my wife ways we are to poor to have steaks tonight. So we will have chicken on the braai, mielies (corn on the cob for the rooinekke), garlic bread and melon.  :mellow:

Edited by Moridin

Eating airport food tonight, but have a t-bone Roast ordered for the braai on Xmas day and a massive lamb leg ordered for the braai on the 27th.

On a side note, I am making lamb curry bunny chow for 100 odd of my team on Saturday - a wee taste of home

The wife & I got home after a very long day at work, to be welcomed by a wonderful braai aroma. Turns out that the boys (on holiday) decided to treat us to a braai and salad (mostly from Woollies, but still great) dinner. I didn't even have to open my own wine. Damn, some days I enjoy having children! :thumbup:  

So, my wife ways we are to poor to have steaks tonight. So we will have chicken on the braai, mielies (corn on the cob for the rooinekke), garlic bread and melon. :mellow:

Lions square Spar has a special on Rump and Sirloin. Just saying....

Christmas gammon on the Weber is looming closer, yummy!

Never would have occurred to me to cook that on a Weber.

How does it compare to the oven? (Besides saving a ton on electricity)