Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spur, on a Saturday, for a kiddies party? Jeeeeesus! I would honestly rather grow leg hairs and wear secret socks!

i didnt say i was proud about it, but 3/4 ain't bad:)

Spur in isolation, I agree. But add in the kiddies party on a Rhonde day? Hells no!!!

Spur has copious amounts of Ethanol in various flavours.... dulls the pain of parties if used appropriately generously.......

Spur in isolation, I agree. But add in the kiddies party on a Rhonde day? Hells no!!!

I used to be the AntiChild, but now I'm the proud wrangler of 1.5 toddlers. But flip, I'm getting creative at skipping kids parties at Spur.

It's bad enough that all our braais are in the afternoon, I can't wait to start braaiing at 7pm again.

I used to be the AntiChild, but now I'm the proud wrangler of 1.5 toddlers. But flip, I'm getting creative at skipping kids parties at Spur.

It's bad enough that all our braais are in the afternoon, I can't wait to start braaiing at 7pm again.

You can get over that pretty easily, if you're creative. Indirect heat for worsies, last night's leftovers, SLEEP TRAINING (DO IT, really... it's SO worthwhile!) and a few other little things allow you to braai normally. 

Problem comes in with friends who have kids with picky sleeping habits (thanks to the parents, mainly)

You should see pappachinos. Flip me its chaos. Don't bother ordering food at a kids pappachinos party because you will be so busy trying to watch your kid in the mass of kids there is no time to eat. I wish all kids parties could be at home with a braai, that's how my lighties parties are.

Have you ever been hunting? At a legitimate farm? It's not cheap at all. Ammo is also expensive nowadays so you had better make sure you shoot straight.

Nope, never, but it sounds like too much effort. Going to stick to Karoo Kitchen for vleis, or Oxfords when they have specials.

You should see pappachinos. Flip me its chaos. Don't bother ordering food at a kids pappachinos party because you will be so busy trying to watch your kid in the mass of kids there is no time to eat. I wish all kids parties could be at home with a braai, that's how my lighties parties are.

we've decided to have a bring and braai for our daughters 4th birthday this month. Will organise some party stuff for the kids and then the adults can braai. Think it's a good way to go.

There is one close to my house on Christian DeWet. A good buddy of mine has a 5yo and 7yo.

When his missus needs to go out and its his turn to look after the kids on a Sat or Sunday afternoon, I get the text.... "papa's for a few beers and a pizza, 30mins"

Problem comes in with friends who have kids with picky sleeping habits (thanks to the parents, mainly)

That.

Friends of ours told us a story on Sunday, they had guests over for potjiekos, the guests left 15mins before the potjie was done because their child will miss nap time. Get your child to sleep in a pram, then they can sleep anywhere.

Flexibility is way underrated...

That.

Friends of ours told us a story on Sunday, they had guests over for potjiekos, the guests left 15mins before the potjie was done because their child will miss nap time. Get your child to sleep in a pram, then they can sleep anywhere.

that is just insane. 

Kids that "can only sleep in their beds" 'cos the parents are too slapgat to attempt something different. Results in a whole boatload of problems later, IMO. 

That.

WTF

My mom had me when she was  very young, so I grew up in her 20s (before most of her friends had kids), and therefore during her "out going years". I was always taken along and treated like an adult, this resulted in countless sleeping on the benches or on a blanket under the table in restaurants, or on the couch at her friends houses while they had braais outside etc. It was not a problem at all.

These parents with this new ages *** deserve the brats that they are raising.... go home cause your child needs to nap, jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzuz! 

That.

That's where our little one sleeps if we're out visiting.

WTF

My mom had me when she was  very young, so I grew up in her 20s (before most of her friends had kids), and therefore during her "out going years". I was always taken along and treated like an adult, this resulted in countless sleeping on the benches or on a blanket under the table in restaurants, or on the couch at her friends houses while they had braais outside etc. It was not a problem at all.

These parents with this new ages *** deserve the brats that they are raising.... go home cause your child needs to nap, jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzuz! 

Mine, passed out at a restaurant when he was but a year old, when we were caught without the pram. 

999391_10152891729580133_1776203377_n.jp